Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Fall of the 3rd Reich: Screenshot thread

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, the smoke was turned off in the video.
Here's a screenshot with the smoke showing. Largely off-center and dissipated.
Being buttoned up would have had some impact as well...but still.
It happened to another stationary Russian tank minutes earlier, that I didn't include in the video. Ghosted.

smoke-jpg.24470

However, me and another FGMer tested a bunch of mirrored mini matches between Fot3R rounds, to test Russian spotting.
For both of us, it was extremely bad. No matter the conditions, accompanying infantry officers, terrain, etc.
Much worse than I ever remembered it since I played the Ruskies years ago.

There were plenty of examples of this exact thing happening - two (or more) tanks approaching each other in the open.
Suddenly in view of each other (sometimes with the Russian tanks having the advantage), the German tanks would have all day to turn and destroy all enemy, while totally invisible to the Russian crews!
Just astounding. Makes me think one of the tech boffins missed a decimal place with the Russian spotting. :)
I've been keeping an eye on the different fronts with interest. Yes there's a lot of factors that contribute but.... all 4 eastern front players are struggling to make head way. Maybe we're all shit :ROFLMAO: but I do think the Russian armour's terrible spotting and the general lower skill base of the Russians make it very challenging. The Russian strategy was to beat that weakness with sheer quantity and determination of units. Quantity is somewhat stifled in QB because of the purchase price of units, armour specifically, and the determination is easily muted with the loss of a single commander and the Russians then run under fire. I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying the tourney very much, but in general I do think Battlefront have handicapped the Russians in various ways which quickly cascade and there is little chance to recover. This means lady luck can play a far bigger part in a battle than with the Western forces. Just my 2 peneth worth, and an excuse for not doing better ;)

I've been keeping an eye on the different fronts with interest. Yes there's a lot of factors that contribute but.... all 4 eastern front players are struggling to make head way. Maybe we're all shit :ROFLMAO: but I do think the Russian armour's terrible spotting and the general lower skill base of the Russians make it very challenging. The Russian strategy was to beat that weakness with sheer quantity and determination of units. Quantity is somewhat stifled in QB because of the purchase price of units, armour specifically, and the determination is easily muted with the loss of a single commander and the Russians then run under fire. I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying the tourney very much, but in general I do think Battlefront have handicapped the Russians in various ways which quickly cascade and there is little chance to recover. This means lady luck can play a far bigger part in a battle than with the Western forces. Just my 2 peneth worth, and an excuse for not doing better ;)

Good excuse, I obviously totally agree.. :p

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
The calm before the storm of round 4.

A scout/sniper team moves forward in the Monte Cassino battle. PVT Oliver sums the situation up quite aptly, "Worst f##king terrain to fight on! Nothing but hills and rocks!"
FOT3R rnd 4 italy1.jpg

On the Western Front, Waffen SS troops make ready to fight along the Siegfried Line.
FOT3R rnd 4 ger1.jpg

holoween

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Yea if that crew survives they get iron crosses.
There was barely a target for them to shoot at but they nailed it on the first shot.

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
Less than 10 minutes into the battle for Minsk and @Nort has tried a flanking manoeuvre upon my Un-hatted Undesirables. We cling on with finger tips, and then to my front.... a PANTHER!!

I watch with horror as the Panther rolls around the corner. We fire a shot and a ricochet....
FOTR Minsk #1.jpg

Seconds tick by as I wait for the Panther to fire.... and then the T34 gets another shot off and the Panther explodes in a glorious ball of flame \0/
FOTR Minsk #2.jpg