Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Fall of the 3rd Reich: Screenshot thread

Less than 10 minutes into the battle for Minsk and @Nort has tried a flanking manoeuvre upon my Un-hatted Undesirables. We cling on with finger tips, and then to my front.... a PANTHER!!

I watch with horror as the Panther rolls around the corner. We fire a shot and a ricochet....
View attachment 25166

Seconds tick by as I wait for the Panther to fire.... and then the T34 gets another shot off and the Panther explodes in a glorious ball of flame \0/
View attachment 25167
My PzV was unbuttoned and had a crack crew. I also had covered arc for armor employed. I never even saw you … ever.

Larsen

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Correct me if I am wrong - I feel that moving vehicles can't really spot anything. they just don't see even if the target is next to them. Or should I say that the probability of them spotting even if unbuttoned is very low. Stationary tanks though can spot pretty well even if buttoned. The longer the tank stays in place the better are the chances for it to spot something especially a moving target. That is just my observation.
Teh conclusion is that ifyou want the moving tank to spot something - make a pause of 15-20 seconds at the wave point.

Larsen

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
I believe it was Bil who stated that hunt command for vehicles is somewhat useless. It is much better to give a fast commend and then add a pause at the end. This new CM spotting heavily favors stationary tanks. In other words if you want to shoot at some target from somewhere get there fast, make a couple of shots and withdraw to safety. I also think that the knowledge that there is some armor in a certain location helps to spot.

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
There is a host of factors that seem to influence. I lost a T34 just a few turns before. It was stationary, had been for nearly a full turn, unbuttoned and looking down a street. It went boom and I saw nothing before, during or after. I only saw a PzIV with infantry the next turn when it moved further along the road. Still don’t know if it was the Panther or IV that took it out :cry: