Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Favourite ArmA Weapon

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vart asked me to have a backup mission ready in case he is late this Sunday. I’m going to do something to compliment his current narrative and thought I’d add a little spin.

Let me know your favourite weapon and I’ll ensure you get it. I’m using the same mod set as Vart so you have a massive selection. Please let me know the variant as many rifles have different barrel lengths and configurations. Also tell me any accessories like specific scope etc. Don’t just say a powerful one, you’ll get iron sights :ROFLMAO:

If you don’t have a preference no worries (y)

Wish I knew more about the weapons.

Maybe something accurate and with a scope that has some zoom.
P.S. And heavy hitting. Can't count the number of times I've had to empty half a mag to drop an enemy. Lag maybe? Dunno. :unsure:

I explored the arsenal for the first time. Unlocked an achievement. :D 100 hours play time.
I will go shopping. So far I quite like the SPAR-16S.

Wish I knew more about the weapons.

Maybe something accurate and with a scope that has some zoom.
P.S. And heavy hitting. Can't count the number of times I've had to empty half a mag to drop an enemy. Lag maybe? Dunno. :unsure:
Arsenal is the best way to find stuff out. I will equip a decent vest with good ballistic protection, then choose a rifle and try it out. The SPAR is the ArmA version of the HK416. My personal favourite is the HK417 CQC with a Holo sight or a Trijicon TA01NSN. It's 7.62 so will generally punch through a good vest with 2 to 3 shots where a 5.56 can take 6. Even though it's a CQC variant it'll hit out to 500 meters with the Trijicon. On the negative side it only has 20 round mags so you carry less ammo, but I rarely use all my mags when we are out as I try to stay on semi unless clearing buildings. My second favourite is the FAL, again the shorter version.

Since the mod pack does not have Yugo M70, I will take AKM. No attachments.

If you need a machine-gunner - PKM, no attachments.

Gimme the Stgw. 57/SIG SIG 510.
Edit: Got my mods mixed, SIG 510 is on the NiArms weapon pack.
All right I'm gonna go full inna woods so I need SKS(RIS) with an Aimpoint T-1 on low mount.

Last edited:
Alright. I've had a peruse (but not overly thorough; will learn more over time), and have made my decision (it was difficult).
Was very tempted by the larger caliber long rifles, but ended up settling on something like a mini LMG.

I'd like a SPAR-16S
It should automatically come with a bipod? I don't know anything about the other bipods available.
I'd also like an RCO scope and an XM8 silencer.

And quite a few magazines (which are 150 rounds each).
To save weight, can dispense with sidearm, stick lights and any miscellaneous items.
Maybe a couple of grenades, a couple smoke grenades, and some first aid kits.
Might need a backpack too.

If night scenario, then night vision and swap to ARCO scope.

Thanks!! Looking forward to it.

Real world weapons...
- Assault Rifle = G36 (but I'll accept a G36K)
- Submachine Gun = P90
- Designated Marksman = M14 EBR

For no other reason that they look cool and/or appeared in Stargate.

Real world weapons...
- Assault Rifle = G36 (but I'll accept a G36K)
- Submachine Gun = P90
- Designated Marksman = M14 EBR

For no other reason that they look cool and/or appeared in Stargate.
Hmm, I bet Stargate didn't know the G36 barrels warp after a couple of mags rapid fire :oops: it's why the Bundeswher are dropping them (n)

G36 it is. This mission is only backup, hopefully we won't need it and Vart is on time :ROFLMAO:

Hmm, I bet Stargate didn't know the G36 barrels warp after a couple of mags rapid fire :oops: it's why the Bundeswher are dropping them (n)
That's bullshit. The German government has a huge hate boner for HK and the whole melting guns stuff is politically motivated witch hunt.
Haenel MK 556 was selected to replace the G36 due to this "controversy" even though it failed to meet any of the design requirements and now that desicion has been challenged, so the whole G36 successor question is in limbo again.
In the current story I'm not sure there's a gun store on the road between the Takistan highlands and Zargabad ;). If you want anything different I think you'll have to look through @Ithikial's stash
Ith's stash currently contains a G36, AKM, RPK, KSVK (no ammo), RPG-18 and a technical with a rocket launcher (no rockets).

Last edited:
In the current story I'm not sure there's a gun store on the road between the Takistan highlands and Zargabad ;).
*Cough* Exhibit A *Cough*
725891_img650x420_img650x420_crop.jpg

Actually from a news story about US style gun control laws for Iraq.

Something I completly forgot about was that the G36 was actually used on Stargate. I just assumed P90. You even type into Google "Stargate Gun" and look what comes up. :p

Back