Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FGM Club Merchandise

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly apologies to @Bootie for being a bad 2IC and not raising this first with him... but we have discussed it in the past and it has been laid out as a club goal. (Just having a boring day in the office).

I'm giving some thought club branded merchandise which has been one of those ideas in the past to raise a few dollars for the continual operation of this website into the future. With Bootie busy behind the scenes with multiple websites now and my own chaotic real life work problems, if this wants to progress we may want a community member here to take charge on this little project and do some further investigation. <Hint Hint Nudge Nudge> ;)

There are a number of printing websites with global distribution but I think the idea is to make it minimal hassle for the club members and not having a whole postage operation going out from some poor bloke's study.

As for some of the products we could look at I'm thinking some wargming themed flare:
- T-Shirts
- Mouse Pads
- Coffee Mugs
- Beer Steins
- Dice

We already have a club logo that can be plastered over everything and there could be a number of good wargaming themed phrases we can come up with:
- "Never in the field of virtual combat was so much owed by so many to so few"
- "Trust me... I'm a Wargamer"
- "Struggling Wargamers Wife" (present for the Mrs)
- "The pixeltruppen look at me funny"
- "History Buff. I'd find you more interesting if you were dead." (stealing this one from a shirt I own)
- "How many survived? Well none actually"
- "It was a brilliant plan except for the execution"
- "No plan survives contact with the enemy. My plans don't get past breakfast"
- "Drink deep for victory!"

Thoughts and volunteers?

Seems like a lot of work for a modest financial reward for FGM (although we've not seen the numbers).
Then, you're marketing to very small population. What happens when we all have our coffee mugs?
I think most of us would gladly offer some/more financial support. I know @Bootie doesn't like to ask, but a small hint now and then would probably be all that's needed.
What is my PayPal password again?

That's probably part of what we need a volunteer to investigate. Keep in mind that if we make the merchandise more broadly appealing to the wider CM/Wargaming community you may pick up a few more sales.

A little cash boost just now would help a lot in fact as all the yearly renewals are dropping in from the programmes I use on The Scenario Depot and the like. I do believe merchandising would assist in the long term if it was aimed at wargamers and not just FGM'ers for a wider market.

Back