Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory:Empires Mods x 2!

kronenblatt

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anyone play single-player Field of Glory:Empires here, with the opportunity to export battles to Field of Glory II:Ancients?

I added the TWiNM mod, but when I select it from the main game menu I get a popup - Script Error in DATA/UI/BASEUI.BSF: Unexpected token: $ID_FAC_WRE
Sorry to hear about that.

You've got the same error as ralaric in the Slitherine forum (LINK)? You're running the game in Windows on a PC? He's running on a bootcamped Mac, he said. You may want to ask him if he found a solution, because the mod's running fine on my computer (Windows on PC).

Last edited:
@Josey Wales : ok, I see. Sorry about that, so I asked Pocus what's going on and he confirmed your error and the reason for it (a vital file, FACTIONS.CSV, seemed to have been missing in the uploaded version in November).

Here's one that "should" work, DOWNLOAD LINK. Please let me know whether it does. (Please just make sure to delete the old folder (z476CE_TWiNM_v139) and all its files, in the SCENARIOS folder.) Again: apologies.

Last edited:
Ok cool, going to try a small campaign as SuthSeaxe. I like how the battles can be exported to FOGII.

I've noticed that there are no regional decisions and no objectives to take. Is that intentional? I actually prefer it like this.

Impressive effort. I've no idea how you'd even begin working on something like this.

Ok cool, going to try a small campaign as SuthSeaxe. I like how the battles can be exported to FOGII.

I've noticed that there are no regional decisions and no objectives to take. Is that intentional? I actually prefer it like this.

Impressive effort. I've no idea how you'd even begin working on something like this.

Yes, I’ve mainly created these mods to get a campaign setting to play out FoGII battles in.

The decisions had to be disabled because they created too much computing time and too many bugs in this different-era mod.

This said, I’m sure there are still some rough edges to the mod, so any of these you see or other suggestions for improvement are appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi @kronenblatt ,

I'm playing a Suth Seaxe in FOGE and attacking one of my neighbours. I've had a few of battles with them in FOGII and in about half of them, these Persian nomad archers show up even though there's no unit card for this unit type in the FOGE army roster, just thought I'd feed it back to you.

Screen_00000001.jpg
Unit roster showing cav, medium foot & skirmishers

20230110200407_1.jpg
FOGII battle map conversion showing 1 unit of these nomad archers.

@Josey Wales : many thanks for attentive feedback. It's actually deliberate with these Nomad Horse Archers ( and corresponding Lights) since the army lists of the two factions Cerniw and Dyfneint in the mod are in FoG II:Ancients based on and transformed into the Breton 411-579 AD list (making the assumption that the immigrants into Bretagne and Aremorica came from these regions, thus sharing the same army list). And that list contains also Nomad Horse Archers as well as Nomad Light Horse Archers. Since units exported to FoG II:Ancients contain a random component it could happen that (with 33% probability) that Cavalry actually becomes Nomad Horse Archers (but with 67% probability it will show up as Noble Cavalry). For Light Horse it's 50/50 between Light Javelin Horse and Nomad Light Horse Archers.

Last edited:
Also, in case anyone is interested, I'll shortly release a mod with a 323 BCE start date, called "Dividing the Spoils":

Alexander the Great is dead, succumbing in the halls of Babylon. The chiliarch Perdiccas has secured power and has distributed satrapies and offices to Alexander's generals, himself assuming the regent role of the two kings, Philip III and Alexander's newborn son, Alexander IV. Thus, the Macedonian empire is temporarily united, but its satraps and generals are not content on being junior to one of their own. Especially the elderly Antipater, regent and supreme commander in the homelands, acts as a potential counterweight to Perdiccas' influence and ambitions. In the west, powerful Carthage is eyeing the development, unaware of the rising star of Rome, the future cause of its defeat and complete annihilation. In the east, the rising but not yet existing power of Maurya is destined to disrupt Macedonian hegemony in India.

XDwfN53.png

Back