Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II “Rise and Fall of Carthage” Tournament - starts 26 October 2020

We've just finished the first battle with me losing as the Carthaginians and Bartimeus winning as the Syracusans (60-50 something). So now we're on to the second battle:

Pyrrhos’s Sicilian Campaign 277 BC. 1600 FP.

Me still as the Carthaginians, and Bartimeus as Pyrrhos, soon about to experience not a Pyrrhic victory but a Pyrrhic loss... ;)

It was a bloodbath, the outcome was uncertain until the last round. I think I win because I had more rally in the end.
Looking forward to crush you again, Carthago Delenda Est !

Rules Question affecting Round 2 - Carthage vs Phyrrus, specifically PIKE units in the stream bed.

1605726236770.png

The POA Impact Table states that the 4th rank Pike bonus only applies in open terrain. As streams are "not open" does that mean pikes do not get that advantage when fighting into or out of the minor stream bisecting this map?

This would also apply to all cavalry in the stream as also fighting in "not open" too, correct?

Rules Question affecting Round 2 - Carthage vs Phyrrus, specifically PIKE units in the stream bed.

View attachment 21577

The POA Impact Table states that the 4th rank Pike bonus only applies in open terrain. As streams are "not open" does that mean pikes do not get that advantage when fighting into or out of the minor stream bisecting this map?

This would also apply to all cavalry in the stream as also fighting in "not open" too, correct?

Yes, I believe the game actually checks both squares of the fighting units (I guess that's what mean by "... fighting into or out of...") when it comes to "open terrain" modifiers, i.e., neither unit must be in non-open terrain for "open terrain" modifiers to apply.

Back