Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II “Rise of Macedon” Tournament - starts 1 Feb 2021

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
This will be played using the normal Field of Glory 2 Multiplayer system and our automated tournament system and anyone who has Field of Glory II can enter. You do not need to own any DLCs to enter.

To enter, go to the tournament page here: Tournaments
General tournament rules can be found here: Rules

The first round will commence on Monday 1st February 2021 at 10.00 am GMT. No further entries can be accepted after the tournament has begun.
This tournament will involve three rounds. Each round will last 14 days. The battles will be Medium-sized custom battles:
  1. Greece 338 BC: Macedonian 355-329 BC vs Greek 460-281 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
  2. Persia 333 BC: Macedonian 355-329 BC with Greek 460-281 BC allies vs Persian 419-329 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
  3. India 326 BC: Macedonian 355-329 BC vs Indian 500 BC-319 AD. Tropical. (Note that the Macedonians use the 355-329 list, rather than the 328-321 list, to prevent them from having elephants in this battle).

Well, six days into this tournament and it looks like @olaf and I got stiffed in Round 1 with No-Show opponents. Bummer! :censored:
If that holds true through next week, we'll each be awarded 150 default points for Round 2 opponent matching. In my case, that's an inflated score; in @olaf's case a deflated one . . . We'll both have to wait for Round Two before getting any chance to play. :cry:

Well, six days into this tournament and it looks like @olaf and I got stiffed in Round 1 with No-Show opponents. Bummer! :censored:
If that holds true through next week, we'll each be awarded 150 default points for Round 2 opponent matching. In my case, that's an inflated score; in @olaf's case a deflated one . . . We'll both have to wait for Round Two before getting any chance to play. :cry:
I guess that’s a built in risk with these large open community tourneys. Bummer indeed.

Oh wow! That really sucks.

I got in on this thing at the last second myself. Right now I'm pretty certain I'll lose both first round matches...lol.

Lordy! I am getting a butt whipping in both my matches. Sigh....

I am happy to say I have redeemed myself nicely in round 2 by winning both games. I will have to say I am absolutely giddy over my win as the Persians. It was just a beautiful engagement from start to finish. Loads of fun! Cannot wait to see what trauma round 3 brings!

I did quite well (for me) in the third round, netting 145 points, for a tourney total of 333. I had a huge victory as the Indians, and a tough loss as the Macedonians. This map was a tough slog for those pike formations.
That is awesome. I'm now t far enough in to know how mine will go. Not feeling terribly confident with either side. Did your indian opponent make you cross the river to get to him? Also, what approach did you take from indian side?

That is awesome. I'm now t far enough in to know how mine will go. Not feeling terribly confident with either side. Did your indian opponent make you cross the river to get to him? Also, what approach did you take from indian side?

As the Indians, I ran down and planted myself in the river. I also took all available elephants. He tried to attack with his medium infantry but couldn't weather the arrow storm. Then I seized the rough ground in the middle on his side, and just squeezed. My elephants ran wild, and completely neutralized his cav.
As the Macedonians, I went far right, crossed the river with half my force, and then marched down the river from both sides. Caused quite a few casualties, but couldn't quite overcome the number disadvantage.

Back