Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II “Rise of Macedon” Tournament - starts 1 Feb 2021

I realized a mistake a few rounds in and that was all it took. Couldnt get the battles back on track.

Hey now....don't forget me!!!!!! I figured I might as well get my feet wet so jumped head first into this tournament too.

I got skunked in round by a pretty good player. I rebounded nicely and am quite proud of managing a 78th (345 pts) place in my first Slitherine tourney.

I will have to say I feel I was a little cheated in round 3 and likely would have had a higher ending score. My opponent did not finish our two games. As the macedonians I had him at 58 to 28 (I think) routed. Based on where my last turn ended I suspect he would have been routed at closer to 70%. Because he did not finish the game I did not get extra points for the score differential. As the Indians it was a much closer affair. I had him routed at 35 and I was at 32. No telling where that one would have ended as I was doing crazy maneuvering to try and gain advantage over his pike. I doubt I could have won that game but I was sure giving him fits.

Anyway, it was a fun tournament and I was really happy with how I did in a couple of those games. Looking forward to trying another one soon.

In the Digital League, my Spanish just got absolutely crushed by Malabar26 and his Indian army. He had a ton of massed archers and a big ole' hill. I tried to get my Lancers into those squishy archers, but got shot all to hell. My infantry was making progress, but when my entire cav wing had multiple cohesion failures in one turn (it was like a bunch of explosives going off in sequence) I was done.
Then I saw he was the gold cup winner in the Rise of Macedonia tourney. I felt better, but then wondered, how in the hell is he in Division F?

Back