Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II, Empire Builders: Rico vs Nelson1812

@Nelson1812 and I have a regular ongoing FOG II mirror battle ticking over for quite a while now.

I ran into this map (it's from Total War Attila, I believe) with all the Roman Latin/Greek names for regions -- and decided to have fun Domination-style campaign on it.

The winner of the previous game picks a region to fight over and sets up a mirror battle challenge using geographically and date-wise appropriate opponents, but can chose from any era ... all the way from Ancient Egyptian chariots to Romans legions to Vikings and everything in between.

Winner of the mirror battle, adding up % across both battles, gets control of the region for the rest of the campaign and gets to chose the next one to fight over.

First battle was @Nelson1812 trouncing me in Romans vs Romans civil war-style battle and he gets control of ITALIA.

Rico-Nelson Campaign 001.jpg

He picked PALAESTINA for the second battle which we have just started.

Hebrews vs Phoenicians on a cramped battlefield between mountains...

(our battles tend to be quick, brutal hammer and tongs affairs that hardly last very long ;) ... so we'll roll these over quite quickly.)

I'll need a few victories to even get my empire started... here's hoping.

We'll keep updating as we go along...

Last edited:
First battle for PALAESTINA ended in a draw. (quite an achievement over a mirror battle -- we both inflicted 74% points damage on each other over both battles)

We re-set for a sequel. :2charge:

PALMYRANS (a sort of beak-away Roman eastern province under Sassassanian rule) vs ROMANS ... some interesting force choices... Cataphracts!! :2charge: :2charge: :2charge: (not that I ever know how to use them properly. ;-)

Last edited:
tz69JVS.jpg

Good head start for the Nelsonian Empire as @Nelson1812 wins the second fight for PALAESTINA 95% points to 81% and their second province conquest.

The battle moves on to the province of DACIA (modern day Romania and eastern Hungary).

Rx1DATP.jpg

Dacians (89 - 166 AD) vs Bosporan (11 - 375 AD)

Interesting and weird units like the shock troops wielding the fearsome falx.

Let's see how it shakes out... and hopefully the Rico Empire can claim it's first province.

1580675439568.png

Back