Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II: Roman Civil Wars -- Nelsonius vs Rico Africanus

L0L6Bkj.png

Just as the valiant Rico Africanus legions scaled the steep hill and were about to overwhelm the enemy's left flank defenders ... the setting sun and dark of night saved the 13th Legion from utter destruction!

The battle ran out of time and daylight... so a marginal victory awarded to my forces. Hispania is saved for now from the enemy's clutches. I shall ponder our next move anon...

Last edited:
Just for @Nathangun -- screenshot of armies at opening turn ... @Nelson1812 force at far end of map doing a step to the right... my forces in foreground. (note checkerboard formation ;))
Guys with red helmet plumes in second row are veteran legions, the front rowers are regulars... cavalry on both flanks, archers, javelin skirmishers and slingers in front to harass ... units with taller banners have leaders with them ... both sides typically one C in C and 3 sub-generals.

qxrcsnf.jpg

Somehow the gods have smiled upon us and I have managed to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat (reverse of my usual strategy) by routing more than 60% of @Nelson1812 's force... note the the messy battlefield in contrast to the smart opening formations.

Two of Nelsonius's generals also perished in the battle ... their loss impacted quite a bit of enemy morale, especially in the infantry legions.
This means AFRICA province is back under its proper rulers. The wars continue with TURN 4...

dOdB6zR.jpg

Back