Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II

header.jpg

Got this yesterday ... table-top-style Roman era turn-based battles ... (plays a lot like and made by same guys as Pike & Shot).
Something different, chucking pilums instead of arquebus fire-- kicked the tyres a bit -- had a quick look at the tutorial and a few quick battles. (also watched a bit of Youtube videos ...)

Quite a bewildering array of units -- Romans, Macedonians, Spanish, Carthaginians, Parthians...

Decided best way to learn is dive in the deep end for a smallish PBEM quick battle vs @Nelson1812 -- I have the Roman legions and he's got the Britons -- we are busy squaring off and taking up initial positions -- I have already spotted a war chariots unit ... will try and remember to take some screenshots next turn :D -- before I get my ass kicked.

Played another quick turn -- both sides being a bit cagey so far -- only turn 2.

There's barbarians on them thar hills... something tells me these hills on both sides of the little stream are going to be hotly contested... so far only arrows and slingers' rocks have been exchanged, not too much to report.
FIELDOFGLORY2 2017-10-14 16-15-56-165.jpg

A wider view of the battlefield ... I suspect lots of @Nelson1812 's formations still out of LOS... (sneaky bastards, the Britons) ... his chariots can be seen on his far right next to that steep hill... his light cavalry is scouting out wide...
FIELDOFGLORY2 2017-10-14 16-18-30-870.jpg

Meanwhile my Roman Noble cavalry on my left flank are just sitting pretty, chillin' for a bit, screened by some pleb javelin chuckers...FIELDOFGLORY2 2017-10-14 16-17-21-176.jpg

Uh-oh ... best laid plans of mice and tribunes...

Trying to clear off those annoying barbarian light troops off the hill on my right flank... the enemy falls back and some idiot centurion decides it's a good idea to pursue them off the hill and into open fields ... with a gazillion war chariots waiting to pounce on any isolated Roman unit... to quote that great Roman general, Homerus Simpsonus: "D'UHUS!!"
(Hey -- maybe we'll just call them an official decoy unit and hope @Nelson1812 takes the bait ;))

FIELDOFGLORY2 2017-10-15 08-35-24-220.jpg

Meanwhile, on our center-left, we are making ourselves comfortable on that main hill feature and and our archers are raining "fire and fury" upon the enemy (well, sharp pointed sticks at least)
FIELDOFGLORY2 2017-10-15 08-36-23-516.jpg

But no time to rest on our laurels ... looks like a whole bloody barbarian migration heading towards our puny right flank ... damn, there's a LOT of them ... uh-oh...

FIELDOFGLORY2 2017-10-15 08-36-53-483.jpg

Well done by my opponent ... screening that maneuver with disposable light troops on the stream ... that'll be hard to stop.

Excellent AARs! Got this game myself the other week. Been playing the various quick battles and custom battles learning how the system works. Will soon get into the campaigns. Would like to try Multiplayer. Anyone here who doesn't have an opponent want to give me a go?

Sounds good. I'll pick one out and get it set-up probably tomorrow. Cheers.

Challenge has been uploaded Nelson1812. I started a conversation with you which has the password.

Back