Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory: King of the Hill

<snipped>
There is a part of this game I don't like though, and it has happened to me twice in the FOG tourney as well. With close games, it isn't how you beat them that matters, but when you beat them. In this case, I had the game won. I had put up a plus 17, and Nelson was up about plus 9 in the other, and I hit the 60% mark. Game over right? Nope! One of my units rallied, putting me down to 58%, and the game continues. This allowed Nelson to have a MASSIVE last turn. Conversely, in my win, that didn't happen, and I left a lot of points on the field. I'm a little sensitive to it because that has happened TWICE to me in the Slitherine tourney we are playing. I think there is nothing we can do about that......
<snipped>

Yea, I struggle with that as well. I just chalk it up to the vagaries of the game. In FOG2 it seems to me that one is better off being lucky rather than good sometimes . . . :whistleo:

King @Nelson1812 narrowly defeats the first challenger to his throne @Wellsonian in a swirling cavalry battle on the steppes!

Long live the King of the Hill!!

However, peace is elusive and there is always the next guy jealously eyeing your throne.

STEP FORWARD in the arena @poesel71 !!
(btw our last challengers ... looks like King Nelson has everyone running scared :D -- sign up if you think your backside is worthy to occupy the KOH throne -- see the first post in this thread)

We go back to 4th Century BC western Mediterranean: Etruscans take on some Gallic hordes in northern Italy.

CURRENT BATTLE:

@Nelson1812 vs @poesel71

Battle Settings:

Etruscans (330 - 280 BC) vs Gallic (390 - 301 BC)

Medium size

Mirror Battle

Map: Mediterranean Hilly

Open Battle
------------------------------------------------------------

Reigning king sets up the battle

Last edited:
<snipped>
My teasing of my opponents, may have killed it!

Nah, FGM shoulders are broad enough to easily bear such spurious iniquities . . . ! ;)
I think lack of participation has more to do with Northern Hemisphere Summertime activities than lack of interest in game-play.
That means @Rico has to run them again when he can sunbathe on ocean beaches instead of us. :fisher:

Nah, FGM shoulders are broad enough to easily bear such spurious iniquities . . . ! ;)
I think lack of participation has more to do with Northern Hemisphere Summertime activities than lack of interest in game-play.
That means @Rico has to run them again when he can sunbathe on ocean beaches instead of us. :fisher:

Why not — not much to do for me here anyways.

Yeah, @Nelson1812 will be known as the Summer King...

I seem to have the same login problem as before. But since I haven't changed anything I'm a bit at a loss what to do. :unsure:
I'll continue to try. I'll be back at my PC on Wdnesday.
Sorry for the delay.

The battles have ended - good thing since it was Nelsons last turn before his holiday! :)
The first battle ended 45/65 in my favour. The second ended 60/43 in Nelsons favour.

Who has won? :unsure:

The battles have ended - good thing since it was Nelsons last turn before his holiday! :)
The first battle ended 45/65 in my favour. The second ended 60/43 in Nelsons favour.

Who has won? :unsure:
Yep —I think you have won it.

@poesel71 is the final King of the Hill.

We have run out of challengers, so are shelving this for the meantime.

:2charge: Victory! :D

Good game @Nelson1812 !

That was very close. In the second game I was actually out two turns ago with 60% when one unit rallied and I fell back to 54%. This allowed me to cause some casualties and push Nelson over 40%. So more or less a random win. ;)

Back