Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

First AAR Test, feedback welcome!

Stafford

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
G'day all, I'm (slowly) putting together an AAR from my first multiplayer game of CM, this is a test clip and I'd like to get any feedback you may have about it. Is it easy to follow, are there some things I should adjust, anything at all.

Particular shout out to @Josey Wales as your AARs are more or less what I'm trying to emulate, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery afterall!

>> Click! <<

G'day all, I'm (slowly) putting together an AAR from my first multiplayer game of CM, this is a test clip and I'd like to get any feedback you may have about it. Is it easy to follow, are there some things I should adjust, anything at all.

Particular shout out to @Josey Wales as your AARs are more or less what I'm trying to emulate, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery afterall!

I only watched 60 seconds of the video so far, but I like it. And on my screen, the brightness is not a problem. Dark, yes, but it's well visible.

Also, I like that you are inspired by Josey Wales. Calm and sober commentary with explanations as to why you make your tactical decisions and how they turn out. That's what I like to see. Will view the rest of it later.

Ok so now I watched the rest of it. Like Josey, I think you should turn down the volume of the gunfire, or only talk after it's over.

Also, we see various firefights/situations, but it's a bit difficult to find out what takes place where. How do these firefights fit into the big picture?

Final comment: You have quite a lot of forces for such a small map.

Ok so now I watched the rest of it. Like Josey, I think you should turn down the volume of the gunfire, or only talk after it's over.

Also, we see various firefights/situations, but it's a bit difficult to find out what takes place where. How do these firefights fit into the big picture?

Final comment: You have quite a lot of forces for such a small map.

What you see so far has all taken place in the central village, there hasn't been any action on the flanks yet, in the following turns there is and I make a point of mentioning where it is for the reasons you outlined.

Also every 15 minutes I will do a strategic review like Josey does in order to clarify the overall situation.

Finally, it does seem a bit cramped, but I didn't pick the map so not much choice there. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it!

Back