Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

First human head-to-body transplant:

Doctors seem to be a step closer to performing a breakthrough surgery: transplanting a human head onto another body - READ MORE
http://rt.com/news/248473-transplant-head-body-canavero/

Doctors seem to be a step closer to performing a breakthrough surgery: transplanting a human head onto another body. A Russian man with a rare genetic muscle-wasting disorder has volunteered to be the first to try the procedure.

“I’m very interested in technology, and anything progressive that might change people’s lives for the better,” Valery Spiridonov from the Russian city of Vladimir, told RT.

Spiridonov, a 30-year-old qualified computer scientist, works for an IT firm.

He said that his disease is getting worse every year, and usually people with Werdnig-Hoffman disorder – a disease that wastes muscles – don’t live longer than 20 years, so it would be a chance to prolong his life and help scientific research in the process.

“Doing this isn’t only an excellent opportunity for me, but will also create a scientific basis for future generations, no matter what the actual outcome of the surgery is,” he said.

This is interesting, part of me hopes, it works for the guy...but it brings up questions of how the Body, Soul, and Spirit work in this situation?

I read on one of the sites that the brain couldnt possible survive with all these different neurons firing through it. Everything would be different from the shape and size of the body its used to... to the way it moves, reacts etc. It would be sensory overload and would drive you insane.

Of course thats only if the transplant was successful in the first instance... I mean... one mm out in connecting the jugular and the spinal chord would prove fatal.

You guys make me laugh...the thread is about possible head transplants and has turned in to Tits? LOL

Um... that's absolutely not possible. I'll eat my words if the guy turns out alright :) You're question about the implications of the spirit is a very good thought exercise though.

:) You're question about the implications of the spirit is a very good thought exercise though.

Yes Biblically speaking the heart is the center of the soul and spirit...if so then this guy if successful could inherit a body of a Muslim, and this would be a problem if he was a die hard Christian or even yet had the mind of an atheist. LOL I think he would have to do some soul searching.

Yes Biblically speaking the heart is the center of the soul and spirit...if so then this guy if successful could inherit a body of a Muslim, and this would be a problem if he was a die hard Christian or even yet had the mind of an atheist. LOL I think he would have to do some soul searching.

Lol yeah he would in a very literal sense. I'm a fan of the idea that if something exists, like a soul, it should someday be observable by scientists. So if the soul exists and it is an effect of biochemistry or some type of energy, would he then have a hybrid soul? Like, some kind of spiritual labradoodle?

Don't the Bush, and Clintons succeed in this type of transplanting already... roll on the day of machines.

Sorry... only joking.

In Futurama they can transplant heads... but why put a head on a another body when you can just put it in a jar? LOL

Back