Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Flashpoint Campaigns - Red Storm Player's Edition

@Alpha Zwo I'm having trouble logging into the server today, please bear with me.

I'm getting these errors.

eJgNFkb.png

OE7l7P3.png

Last edited:
A friend gifted me the Steam game a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, I really haven’t been able to wrap my mind around the UI (probably my age and too much CM1 and CM2, and not enough Close Combat). I think it could be very entertaining if I could get the hang of it.

Well, what I found to be a little daunting was the command cycle, especially as the Soviets, especially when NATO jets were attacking my HQ units and their artillery was ranging them as well. Tended to make it very difficult to issue orders. It's a very cool game once you get the hang of it...

Ah, that one... I just discovered that it can be played in PBEM... :unsure: I played the game a few years ago but although it has really interesting game mechanics I was put off by the early 2000s Windows Application aesthetics.

I'm curious to try this out h2h as playing against the AI is not super challenging. It looks like you have to log into one of their servers and its not like Combat Mission where you can send files and play at you leisure?

I haven't heard anything about this, but haven't been keeping up are you referring to real time or wego in Combat Mission?

The Beta has started. Below was taken from the Matrix forum.

Matrix is now recruiting testers for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm's upcoming beta.

In Southern Storm, the Flashpoint Campaigns series moves to Southern Germany, with new campaigns and multi-national scenarios and new nationalities. On a brand new game engine experience Cold War 1980s with the US, USSR, West-German, British, French, East-German, Czechoslovakian and Canadian forces.

Players will fight battles and campaigns over 40 different maps with a wide array of Cold War equipment from the eight nations. That equipment included aircraft, helicopters, tanks, IFVs, APCs, mobile and fixed SAMs, self-propelled and towed artillery and rocket launchers, command vehicle, recon vehicles, many flavors of infantry, and others.

If you would like to sign up to join the beta, please fill out the form found here. Your feedback is extremely valuable, and it will help us greatly.

Last edited:
I just created an account to play this. Anyone up for a game let me know. Don't mind playing any side.

The news about Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm got me interested in the game again and I've been playing some FC Red Storm. What a cool system they have in the game for the OODA loop. Limited staff orders, plus delays to order execution, plus your HQs will get hit with arty and/or air if they transmit orders to often without moving. The length of the order delay can get longer or shorter and number of orders allowed changes with the situation in the battle.

I'm really looking forward to Southern Storm which will reportedly have engineer units (counters) on even bigger maps. I'm also hoping they make the editor a little more user friendly. As I understand it you need other programs to work in the editor. I've not heard anything about a new improved editor so probably not......... :(. With the bigger maps and a friendlier editor I'd be tempted to try to make some NTC maps / scenarios.

Now a question. When you disembark troops from a vehicle you are given a range of numbers to choose from. My understanding is if you choose a positive number (say two) the troops will disembark two hexes (1000 meters) before the destination hex. If you choose zero the troops will disembark on the destination hex. But then there are also negative numbers. Anybody know what the negative numbers are for?

I'll experiment around and go back to the manual again but thought I'd also ask here.

Now a question. When you disembark troops from a vehicle you are given a range of numbers to choose from. My understanding is if you choose a positive number (say two) the troops will disembark two hexes (1000 meters) before the destination hex. If you choose zero the troops will disembark on the destination hex. But then there are also negative numbers. Anybody know what the negative numbers are for?

CapnDarwin on the Matrix forum advised that negative numbers are a bug in the spin control. So just ignore the negative numbers when disembarking. Use zero to disembark on the destination hex or positive numbers to disembark some distance away from the destination.

Back