Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm

This could be good -- just released at Matrix Games -- 80's World War 3 -- NATO (US, Brits, Germans) vs USSR (and it has PBEM capability)

You are the commander of either NATO or Soviet forces locked in battle on the ground in 1980’s Central Europe. As commander, it is your task to provide the battle plan orders to your units. You need to know your mission objectives, strength and weakness of both your forces and you enemy, lay of the land, weather, and time of day in order to come out on the winning end. Your crews will do their best to follow your orders and execute the plan, but in war, no plan survives first contact. You will need to think on the fly and adjust to the ever changing flow of battle.

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm features an innovative asynchronous turn structure that models the OODA loop, huge maps, hundreds of meticulously researched platforms and weapons, detailed orders of battle, realistic modeling of modern combat including armor, infantry, helicopters, airpower and chemical and nuclear weapons, 3 campaigns and over 20 single scenarios, realistic weather conditions, modding options and much more!

After the end of World War II, Europe spent years recovering from the losses and the terrible consequences of the conflict. A whole continent found itself divided into two blocs: one lead by the United States with NATO among its allies in the Western bloc, and in the Eastern bloc lead by the Soviet Union along with the Warsaw Pact. Separating the two, an “Iron Curtain” formed of high walls and minefields as well as hundreds of thousands of well armed troops. This was the Cold War, a forty year state of political and military tension between two superpowers that several times came close to starting World War III. While the world survived the Cold War, the effects of the “long twilight struggle” still echo in the geopolitics and military technology and tactics of the present day.

In Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm, World War Three has started, the Cold War has turned hot. Do you have what it takes to achieve victory on the battlefield or will the world end with all out nuclear war?

20131009040536.jpg

20131009040603.jpg

The GrogHeads Interview: Jim Snyder & Rob Crandall of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm
http://grogheads.com/?p=2659#more-2659

Flashpoint Germany is discontinued at Matrixgames. Does anyone know if it is still available somewhere else? I did a google search but without result.

Decided to spoil myself and picked this up on download ... worked through tutorial scenario last night and kicking some of the tyres and hoping to read most of the Manual this weekend.

So far very interesting ... basic graphics ... looks like most of the features are "under the hood" ... too early to tell.

Interesting feature is that as this is a WEGO game (like CM) as your Command & Control suffers attrition, the time gaps between your orders phase gets longer and longer, while your opponent may remain more flexible in adjusting orders ... no idea how that would play out i PBEM games.

Iam also on the fence for this as I was a Panzergrenadier in the German Army in the late 80´s

Picked this one up and played a couple of PBEM++ games. I like it very much as a hypothetical WWIII always interested me. Drop me a note if anyone is interested in a game. Would prefer to command NATO forces though :)

Picked this one up and played a couple of PBEM++ games. I like it very much as a hypothetical WWIII always interested me. Drop me a note if anyone is interested in a game. Would prefer to command NATO forces though :)

haven't had too much time lately to try this out properly ... but willing to have a go at a small PBEM game to see how this plays out.

@Alpha Zwo

Tried to start our PBEM++ game -- but it either can't find the file for download or after it has fetched the file, the game just freezes up without starting the battle.
Ever come across this?

Yes, I have issued and accepted a couple of challenges and most were not playable due to a "..... is not a valid floating point" error. This should be fixed with the first patch, downloading it right now. Hopefully it will work and if yes we should be able to continue our game.

Maybe more online in my poor notebook will do a go on this! let-me know if some one wants a PBEM

Been playing this for a week now. Am really, really enjoying this. Am an old HPS Simulations war gamer and love how this particular game works. Anyone fancy a PBEM game after the Thanksgiving Holiday?

Hi,

If you want to I'm open for a pbem?
I must warn you thou. I really suck at this :)

--
Regards Folke

It is not an easy game...which I would classify as good. Let's give it a try. Let me read up on the PBEM instructions and I'll set up something. Give me a couple of days since I won't be able to get to it until Monday at earliest.

Cool,

I have not pbem'ed this myself.
And no hurries, time is all we got :)

--
Regards Folke

Hi Folke,

First time for me in this game as well. One thing though when reading up on it in the forums. I've discovered that they are having problems with PBEM at the moment due to bugs. I read last night on those forums that they are releasing a patch in the next day or two so I propose we wait for this thing to appear and then start our PBEM. Sound okay to you?

Hi Folke,

First time for me in this game as well. One thing though when reading up on it in the forums. I've discovered that they are having problems with PBEM at the moment due to bugs. I read last night on those forums that they are releasing a patch in the next day or two so I propose we wait for this thing to appear and then start our PBEM. Sound okay to you?

Hi,

Sounds like a plan!

--
Regards Falk

@Rico, Im very interested yet in this game, and need a final word from you, It´s really worth it´s price, we can deal with logistics to run campaigns in this game?

Back