Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG Medieval: The Pot Luck Battles Joust (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea for a fun little casual league tourney using FOG: Medieval

4 - 8 players round robin

All battles are medium MIRROR battles.

Armies and maps are all set at POT LUCK.
(with DATE turned ON and GEOGRAPHICAL turned OFF)

This way you get fun, unusual and challenging battles like: Scots (Isles & Highlands) vs Indian Rajputs ... (Braveheart vs war elephants ;) )

So each match played is a completely different battle -- and the winner is determined by adding % scores across both battles (so if there's a mismatch, whoever loses less badly, wins the match)
@Nelson1812 and I have been trying a few of these -- and it's quite a lot of fun.

1 point awarded to the match winner
1 bonus point if the winner manages to win BOTH battles of the mirror.
1/2 point each if it's a draw (very unlikely with % points added up, but we have to cover all eventualities.)

Winner gets awarded as a virtual trophy this stylish medieval beer tankard with their name on it :cool:

tankard.jpg

Anyone interested in playing in this?... maybe after we wrap Reconquista (looks like @chiquichops is heading for the win there) ... or it can replace some of our casual play.

@Nelson1812 @chiquichops @Wellsonian @Badger73 @HOA_KSOP @mTk @Nathangun @kronenblatt @Abbasid111 @Mad Mike @Josey Wales @Bootie @Alpha Zwo @olaf

Last edited:
I dont think I am experienced enough at the moment and I have my hands full with CM PBEMs

I dont think I am experienced enough at the moment
Nonsense! This is the best way and place to gain some experience. ;)

and I have my hands full with CM PBEMs
That's a good reason though. Don't bite off more than you can chew. The game stops being fun and becomes more like a chore when you do. :cool:

If everybody's available, we can get this little tourney started :2charge:

I have renamed it to the: Field of Glory Medieval: The Pot Luck Battles Joust (sounds a touch more impressive) ;)

Pot Luck Joust 1a.jpg

6 player round robin (will cause a bit of doubling up or sitting out in final rounds)

All battles are medium MIRROR battles.

ARMIES and MAPS are all set at POT LUCK.
(with DATE turned ON and GEOGRAPHICAL turned OFF)

So each match played is a completely different battle.

The WINNER is determined by adding up and comparing the % scores of BOTH battles (so if there's a mismatch, whoever loses less badly, wins the match)

If the Pot Luck pick is too freaky, players can agree to reset the battle.

1 point awarded to the match winner
1 bonus point if the winner manages to win BOTH battles of the mirror.
1/2 point each if it's a draw (very unlikely with % points added up, but we have to cover all eventualities.)

THE DRAW FOR THE FIRST ROUND OF BATTLES:
(Either player can set up the challange)

Battle 1: @Badger vs @Wellsonian

Battle 2: @chiquichops vs @Rico

Battle 3: @Nelson1812 vs @Badger73

Good luck all! -- hope the battles are fun!

Last edited:
My battles against @chiquichops -- a very tricky affair, dominated by a large, rough hill and a deep stream... too close to call yet.

Me as Sicilian Normans ... a brawl in the centre along the river banks... a cavalry stand off on the right flank (with @chiquichops 's light cav being as annoying as possible) ... and me eventually getting knights and some infantry across the stream on my left (not sure that'll be enough to be decisive)

FOG2Medieval 2022-04-12 09-28-40-258.jpg

The river crossing begins on my left... who knows how this will pan out.

FOG2Medieval 2022-04-12 09-33-24-526.jpg

As Rus ... plan A didn't... so it's Plan B.... or even Plan C...

Meanwhile here a shot of "Fortress Chiquichops" and his wall of massed archers...

FOG2Medieval 2022-04-12 09-39-18-681.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back