Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

German heavy/medium armour

A hole punched in the side of a Tiger II's turret by a 165 mm HESH round during British tests. The impact dislodged the 13-ton turret, lifting it up and out of its ring in the opposite direction. A 109 kg (240 lb) scab of metal smashed around inside the tank, vaporising some of the simulated crew and breaking internal components.
➡️
https://tankhistoria.com/experimental/tiger-ii-vs-hesh/

418304483_787967433347940_7733266825864097015_n.jpg

One I was not familiar with.....

2.8 cm schwere Panzerbüchse 41 (sPzB 41) or "Panzerbüchse 41" was a German anti-tank weapon working on the squeeze bore principle. Officially classified as a heavy anti-tank rifle (German: schwere Panzerbüchse), it would be better described, and is widely referred to, as a light anti-tank gun.

aY9BROK.jpg

I saw the picture online in an article on the Warfare History Network.

My first thought was "that's the biggest mother machine gun I ever saw".

Not sure if you can see the article with out an account.
Let me know if you can and I will post more article.

"The last surviving strength report produced by the Germans dated April 10, 1945, reported 489 operational Hetzers on the Eastern Front, 79 operational on the Western Front, and 64 operational in Italy. By the end of the war, Germany had produced a total of 1,577 Hetzers. With its superb attributes as a tank destroyer, it remains one of the most renowned and unique German fighting vehicles of the late war period."

TY2GDsv.jpg

Reactions: mTk
Back