Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Nathangun @Rico

Hey guys, could you please help me with the process for setting up battles as a GM?
Nathangun, from memory you were using quick battles for BotB right?

The BB battlefield maps are all ready, in the sense that they are assembled and cut down to about 1km square.
So as GM, I will open the map in the CMRT scenario editor, and make some changes to get it ready for quick battle?

What seems obvious to me is that I will remove any existing victory locations and place new ones; remove any existing setup zones and place new ones for both the defender and each attacking company.

Do I need to change any parameters such as date, weather, time of day, battle type (attack) or anything else in the scenario editor?
Or does that all get overwritten when selecting the quick battle parameters?

Did you set the QB as 'huge' and then the players keep track of points spent on their companies?

What is the specific procedure for getting a quick battle ready to be handed over?
When/how it is saved?
Do players enter the side-specified password in, when they first open it?

Finally, I can't recall how you handed the first file over. Did you use your Dropbox?
Do the players use the GM's Dropbox to play? I might need to check how much space I have available.

Nathangun

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com
Do I need to change any parameters such as date, weather, time of day, battle type (attack) or anything else in the scenario editor?
Or does that all get overwritten when selecting the quick battle parameters?
Yes to all above, it gets quicker the more you do it.

Did you set the QB as 'huge' and then the players keep track of points spent on their companies?
Yes, you have to bang it into the players heads. Not all battles will need to be Huge.

What is the specific procedure for getting a quick battle ready to be handed over?
When/how it is saved?
Do players enter the side-specified password in, when they first open it?
I used side-specified passwords, do the first password turns yourself.

Finally, I can't recall how you handed the first file over. Did you use your Dropbox?
Do the players use the GM's Dropbox to play? I might need to check how much space I have available.
Yes to all of the above, best to keep an eye on the folders so they don't get to bulky.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
What is the most popular difficulty setting for H2H games? Elite?

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
I vaguely recall (maybe @Rico ) talking somewhere about how iron was frustrating. Maybe even a bit unrealistic.
Doesn't it have things like - if your squad isn't in contact with a leader you can't move them? I'll have to have a read of the manual (gotta go out at the moment).

What difficulty were the Battle of the Bulge campaign battles set to @Nathangun ?

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
When you make a quick battle in CMRT and set the number of turns...does the engine sometimes make the battle go into 'overtime'?
If so, does anyone know why it does this? Are there certain conditions that trigger it?
How many turns does overtime generally go for?
Any insights appreciated.