Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Godzilla Vs Kong

I think Godzilla has a substantial height/weight advantage doesn't he?
His reach on his jabs isn't great though.

Exactly. The only thing Kong really has going for him is his long hairy monkey arms. Good for swinging through trees on Skull Island, but when faced with a real opponent, LOL.

Godzilla has his nuclear breath weapon, and his bite. Nolo Contendre, IMO. No contest.

Exactly. The only thing Kong really has going for him is his long hairy monkey arms. Good for swinging through trees on Skull Island, but when faced with a real opponent, LOL.

Godzilla has his nuclear breath weapon, and his bite. Nolo Contendre, IMO. No contest.
Well, Kong has hands with opposable thumbs. That’s how you control somebody. But I’m guessing they will fight for awhile and then join forces when the real baddie shows up.

Finally got around to watching this one. Ahem.
I knew what to expect mostly. If they'd just kept it to monster bashing and fun CGI I'd have been ok with it.
But no. Kaylee Hottle gets waay too much face time. However, I'm sure it was the director's effort to appeal to the woke warriors out there. You see, Kaylee plays an Asian, 9-year old,
deaf girl. This didn't put too much stress on her acting skills since she is, well, an Asian, 9-year old, deaf girl. Some wisdom straight from Kaylee's quotes: "I think it's important having
deaf actors play deaf characters...because deaf people are aware of their own language and they are more familiar with the culture." It seems to me that before Kaylee there were other
non-deaf actors that played deaf characters. I think they did it by "acting", but I may have to research that a bit more. This could be a "me" problem though as I no longer take life advice
from 9-year olds so I may be missing something important here.
While she is skilled in sign language she only used 2-3 signs so that helped her memorize her "lines". Her further acting skills were put to the test by having to change facial expressions...
twice. First she smiled when she was sorta happy. Then she would switch to looking like she was going to burst into tears. I think that was when she was unhappy. Every time something
interesting was about to happen the scene would come to a complete halt as "Jia" would let us know how to respond by her facial expression. Fortunately, only one of two things was
about to occur so she had that covered.
Then, I think the LGBTQ? community was represented as well. There's a character, who's name I did not catch during intros, who is besties with a main a female character. For the longest
time I assumed she was a she. Then, as she spoke up some more I changed my mind and was sure he was a guy. I know. I am not current on all the socially correct pronouns so bear with
me. Then, about half way through I was positive it was a girl. In the last five minutes I finally catch the character's name. Sorry, no spoiler from me! I'm still not sure which letter applies so
let me know if/when you figure it out. Or care.
The best actors, hands down, are the monsters. Although I think Kong may have overdone it a bit. Understandable though since Jia secretly taught him how to sign. Now as far as I could
tell his vocabulary was limited to the 3 signs that Jia uses, but maybe they cut some of his other lines in post production. When the main characters found out about this breakthrough they
were just amazed. Then its not mentioned again as the CGI starts to kick in big time and nobody actually cared if Kong could "say" home or not.
I've noticed something with these big CGI action movies in the past few years. There is a lot of flash and angle jumping. So much so as it is tough to keep track of what exactly is going on.
It's almost as if the director can't stay on the same shot too long in case we start seeing things too clearly and begin to wonder if the King has no clothes.
"John Nugent of Empire gave the film 2 out of 5 stars, writing, "Godzilla vs. Kong mostly delivers on its promise of a big monster fighting another big monster. It just depends whether you're
willing to sit through the toe-curlingly bad set-up that surrounds it."
Yeah, what he said.

Last edited:
Back