Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Good QB meeting engagement maps ?

dontpanic!

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi All,

Any recommendations for medium size maps for meeting engagements QBs where the victory locations are roughly equally spaced apart and not clumped to one side or another for either CMFI or CMBN ? I have had a look at a few and the VL seem tom favour one side or the other. I remember a few tournaments ago set in Italy had some maps form QB of 30-45 mins or so. Where would I find those maps ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chee-Yan

It takes under 5 minutes (if youre slow) to make a qb map from a master map in the scenario editor. It would be faster than waiting for a reply here for sure.

We found one to try out. "A walk in the sun" ... had to edit it tom add the axis start zone. For some unknown reason, the map only has allies setup zone defined.

Thanks. I think that what we will do. Find a nice map and edit the VLs to suit a QB meeting engagement.

My issue with the QB maps is they usually feel pretty lazily done, are very small maps, and very simple maps. It's a shame.
If youre playing vs the ai then the Battle Pack maps usually have the most AI plans (sometimes maxing out) so they should offer a better experience.
imo quick battles are the weakest part of cm. Even weaker and less popular than pbem by dropbox.

I done it many many times, and it takes much longer than 5 mins
You paint a red start, paint a blue start, paint some objectives, switch to the appropriate setting in the mission tab, then save it to the QB maps folder.
What is taking you "much longer than 5 mins" if youve done this many times?

It's a brainless process.

You paint a red start, paint a blue start, paint some objectives, switch to the appropriate setting in the mission tab, then save it to the QB maps folder.
What is taking you "much longer than 5 mins" if youve done this many times?

It's a brainless process.

Sure, if you want to make a shitty QB map that isnt balanced. I suppose you could do it that way.

Sure, if you want to make a shitty QB map that isnt balanced. I suppose you could do it that way.
Lol right because painting zones for a 30-45 minute map takes a long time.
Not sure how you can screw up the balance when there will be few points of interest on a map that small anyway.
The OP has been waiting for two weeks now with no reply. Think how many shitty maps he could have made by now.

Not sure how you can screw up the balance when there will be few points of interest on a map that small anyway.

The problem with what you say above is what you say below:

My issue with the QB maps is they usually feel pretty lazily done, are very small maps, and very simple maps. It's a shame.

Hi Artkin and dkcapuis,

Thanks for the input but we have found a map and we have started a game already. Had not had much experience with editing maps before and so we did venture to try one out as I mentioned above. I just thought with all the QB collective experience of the people in this forum, there were some favourite maps people found. Also there were maps created for previous tournaments I was hoping to get a link to.

Regards

Hi Artkin and dkcapuis,

Thanks for the input but we have found a map and we have started a game already. Had not had much experience with editing maps before and so we did venture to try one out as I mentioned above. I just thought with all the QB collective experience of the people in this forum, there were some favourite maps people found. Also there were maps created for previous tournaments I was hoping to get a link to.

Regards
Hi,
If you do find a few nice maps for CMFI, I'd like a few for PBEM games so point me in the right direction please.

Hi,
If you do find a few nice maps for CMFI, I'd like a few for PBEM games so point me in the right direction please.
We found one which is a medium size one called "A walk in the sun". You should have it if you have all the modules. I am not sure whether it is in the base game or one of the modules as I have all of them. You will need to wait the map to add the axis setup zone though. It is pretty even spread of VLs although I think the allied has a slight positional advantage. We have just started a QB on this map with me being German army vs US.

The map for "In for a pound" in the base game is pretty good too and has evenly spread out objectives. "Casili Road" is another nice scenario which I have played once and had hidden objectives. Maybe better played as a scenario. It has the Indian army for the Allies which is quite cool...especially the Indian voices.

The problem with what you say above is what you say below:
In terms of AI plans and map sizes specifically. If the OP enjoys 40 minute maps then good for him. There's a lack of QB maps over 2x2km, and if they exist the AI plans are usually 5-10 minute jobs. They contain no replay value, and are usually troops just marching right into your kill zones.

Nothing new for an experienced CMer.

We are looking for QB maps only for HtH play not vs AI and so AI plans done really matter :)
We are only looking at medium battles of 45-60 min duration.

Glad to hear youre up and running. Usually slicing up the master maps will give you some of the highest quality terrain to fight for. The Market Garden maps are among my all time favorites from the CM series

Back