Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front is out

The Russian faces look fairly normal but the Germans all look like devil faced weirdos. Perhaps some bias in the faces portrayed??

I can definitely imagine some Ukrainian texture artist going to town when drawing those fascist faces. Part of winning a war is that you get to make computer games about your enemies. Often I wonder what a German WW2 game would be like.

I can definitely imagine some Ukrainian texture artist going to town when drawing those fascist faces. Part of winning a war is that you get to make computer games about your enemies. Often I wonder what a German WW2 game would be like.
Bulletpoint, have you seen we have a player written manual for Tank Warfare; Tunisia 1943 posted as a sticky. Written by Lethal2615 it does a great job of explaining how TWT 43 works, but it can be applied to Mius Front as well.

Bulletpoint, have you seen we have a player written manual for Tank Warfare; Tunisia 1943 posted as a sticky. Written by Lethal2615 it does a great job of explaining how TWT 43 works, but it can be applied to Mius Front as well.

Thanks. I had not seen it. Impressive work.

So, it's been some time since Mius Front came out. I guess it has received some patches? And also there's more DLC out now.

I hated GTOS and even got a refund for that game after playing a very short time, but now I've been watching YouTube videos of Mius Front and starting to think I want to try to have a second go at it.

Any thoughts? What's the state of the game? Would you recommend it?

I recommend the game with these qualifiers.

Recognize that this is game takes work to learn and more work to master.

Learn that this is actually two games, one turn based, one RTS. Master both games.

Recognize that the UI has limitations. It is not intuitive.

My advice would be wait until it goes on sale. I would consider buying the Tunisia 1943 game first because I have seen it as low as 7.57 for the game and all DLC’s. Use lethal’s learning guide like the gospel. All the lessons you learn using his guide transfers to Mius Front.

Watch all the YouTube videos you can. If you have a laptop/tablet as well as a desktop you can “play along”, using the laptop/tablet play the video’s while you manipulate the game by emulating what the video publisher is doing. Accelerates the learning curve immensely. Playing this way is a video “staff ride”.

I recommend the game with these qualifiers.

Recognize that this is game takes work to learn and more work to master.

Learn that this is actually two games, one turn based, one RTS. Master both games.

Recognize that the UI has limitations. It is not intuitive.

My advice would be wait until it goes on sale. I would consider buying the Tunisia 1943 game first because I have seen it as low as 7.57 for the game and all DLC’s. Use lethal’s learning guide like the gospel. All the lessons you learn using his guide transfers to Mius Front.

Watch all the YouTube videos you can. If you have a laptop/tablet as well as a desktop you can “play along”, using the laptop/tablet play the video’s while you manipulate the game by emulating what the video publisher is doing. Accelerates the learning curve immensely. Playing this way is a video “staff ride”.

Thanks. It does seem a bit like a "second job" to get into this game, let alone to master it. But fascinating stuff.

I've been watching more videos. This one is a really good basic primer:

I'm starting to become more confident that I might eventually be able to learn to play this game :)

On Sale, as is all DLC's except the latest one "Furtive Spring"

It's only 30 pct off though. I might wait till the Christmas sale. Not only because I'm a miser but also because I'm trying out crusader kings 2

I've watched a few GT vids after another recommendation to give this series a try, however despite my best efforts, it's really not doing anything for me. The vids I watched were DAR's and upwards of 95% of each of the videos was zoomed out to the point where there were just little dots on the screen shooting at each other across a very bland landscape.

Whilst I accept that this is a deep game with great vehicle models and terrain effects, it suffers from the same issues as Total War. A lot of time and effort has gone into the graphics and physics effects, but you have to play so zoomed out that all of that becomes irrelevant as you move your dots and small silhouetted figures around.

If GT released a WeGo version, I'd play it. At least then I could appreciate the graphical side whilst still being able to play well.

I've watched a few GT vids after another recommendation to give this series a try, however despite my best efforts, it's really not doing anything for me. The vids I watched were DAR's and upwards of 95% of each of the videos was zoomed out to the point where there were just little dots on the screen shooting at each other across a very bland landscape.

Whilst I accept that this is a deep game with great vehicle models and terrain effects, it suffers from the same issues as Total War. A lot of time and effort has gone into the graphics and physics effects, but you have to play so zoomed out that all of that becomes irrelevant as you move your dots and small silhouetted figures around.

If GT released a WeGo version, I'd play it. At least then I could appreciate the graphical side whilst still being able to play well.

I'm no GT player, but what I read is that, as you get familiar with the game, you will start to spend more time zoomed in, because you get confident the orders you gave are carried out reasonably well.

What are your thoughts on Mius Front vs Steel Divison II?

From the videos I've seen, Steel Divison seems a graphically highly polished and somewhat superficial/casual game, Mius Font seems clunky, rought around the edges, but more realistic and gritty.

@Bulletpoint I've never played Steel Division II and have only dabbled with Mius Front. From the vids I've seen of Steel Division II it doesn't appeal to me, seems a bit of a click fest although I'm sure you need to be skilled to play it well.

I wouldn't describe Mius Front as a click fest and I can see that it's tactically deep but the UI is clunky. I don't like how the unit's icons are represented by golf flags or little tank silhouettes when they would be better off shown as military symbols of the period. I think this is addressed somewhat in Tunisia 43 but not fully. I also don't like how the units are named after the individual leading the unit rather than by the platoon number.

Last edited:
I'm really not sure what to think about Steel Division II. It does look like a click fest, but maybe part of it is due to the way youtubers play it.

And on one hand, the graphics are gorgeous - on the other hand, they seem pretty cartoony, especially the fire/explosion effects. I'm actually reminded of the ancient game Command and Conquer, in the way the explosions are little puffs of fire.

But the main thing is: Is it a game where tactics actually matter?

I really want the answer to be "yes". But I think it's just wishful thinking for a successor to Combat Mission.

Last edited:
Tactics do matter. Not the detail CM has though. Have you seen this review from Warsimmer:

Ok so I finally picked up Mius Front at a 45 pct discount. I've been trying a couple of times to get into it, but it still resists my attempts at understanding how it works...

Back