Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Great movie scenes.

Although Star Trek was a bit corny at times, one of the many things I enjoyed about it was the professional atmosphere.
Even though there are emotions present, most characters acted with intelligence and self control. Evolved.

Looking forward to seeing Foundation, although I never read the book series.
Looks dark, but gripping.

Looking forward to seeing Foundation, although I never read the book series.
Looks dark, but gripping.

I read the original Asimov Foundation trilogy, many years ago (early 1980s) back when I was a member of the Science Fiction Book Club. Time for a re-read and perhaps I might read the other novels in the series. From what I remember, the story moves along very briskly, and Asimov does not spend a lot of time on character development. This is a series that is all about big ideas and the story, not individual characters.

I read the original Asimov Foundation trilogy, many years ago (early 1980s) back when I was a member of the Science Fiction Book Club. Time for a re-read and perhaps I might read the other novels in the series. From what I remember, the story moves along very briskly, and Asimov does not spend a lot of time on character development. This is a series that is all about big ideas and the story, not individual characters.

Been watching the series -- okay I guess, not brilliant (parts of it visually very impressive) -- bears very little resemblance of what I remember of the books -- very, very, very losely based on them.

Going to see Dune on Saturday -- having higher hopes for that.

Unknown Soldier Finnish War movie -- 3 hours of it, worthwhile -- English subtitles (if a little odd at times) -- some very good forest combat scenes.

Experiences of Finnish infantrymen as Finland joins Germany in invading USSR in 1941 -- to regain territory lost to Soviet Union when attacked in Winter War in 39/40.

Best line in movie:

"One Finnish soldier can take on 10 Russkies."
"What if they send the eleventh one?"

Last edited:
Back