Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gruppe Bohm to Le Rocher - 25 Minutes In

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
The next five minutes the situation begins to heat up as contact is made with the Americans in increasing strength.
001. On the right flank the PzKfw IV (late) following 1. Sektion Aufklarungs Abteilung has swung off the muddy path, through the field of flax into the orchard flanking the road and Sherman. His first two shots on the Sherman glance off its turret and it swings its turret round to face the German. The third shot penetrates but the Sherman does not brew up and the panzer puts two more into the Sherman before it finally succumbs. Amazing Sherman!
002. The PSW 234/1 of 1. Sektion Aufklarungs Abteilung can now continue north on the right flank highway towards the American position. It advances a little more than one hundred metres before an American patrol is suspected to be crossing a lateral road running east.
003. An aerial view of this sector.
004. The situation in the centre (the main thrust). The Village aux Boisdres has been secured by 1. Zug, 5. Kompanie and they move to spread out along the hedgerow left of the highway. The intent is to secure the area temporarily until the heavy weapons of 4. schwereZug can be brought up placing one HMG in the village and the other plus mortars in the farm on the right which is being secured by 3. Zug. 2. Zug will pass through and run the gauntlet up the road (foolishly in 'slow' mode as required by the rules rather than in 'hunt').
005 & 006. one of the four sections of 1. Zug is crossing the field of flax adjacent the road and one by one the Panzergrenadieren are gunned down by an American ambush.
007. & 008. Things are not much bette for the lead halftrack on the highway. This comes under repeated grenade attack which it apparently attempts to ignore resulting in their elimination.
009. The yellow streak is German covering fire from an HMG in an halftrack further back.

A highlighted MOD: The flax textures are taken from the Hedgerow Hell mod by Lucky_Strike. It is a HUGE! mode from which you can pick and choose your favourite bits. I have sorted the bmps that I want and organized them by month, i.e. June, July, Aug based on Normandy's agricultural calendar. I then named them accordingly and move them in an out of the game using JSGME. It could also be done by mod-tagging.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    733.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg