Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

@mTk, If home defense is your real goal...Shotgun. It is not as hard to fire and manage as a handgun IMO,unless concealed carry. But I agree, not as cool. And don’t get tricky....12 gauge. But like all firearms, don’t play around. Get training, and suddenly that “big kick” shotgun is manageable.
If it is recoil you are concerned about, the .38 special is quite manageable, when fired from a medium, or even a small sized revolver, such as a S&W J-Frame. I don't recommend a .32 for home defense. Underpowered.

Whatever you decide to buy, take the time to go to the range and practice with it, at least two or three times a year. It's actually quite fun.

Nupe. A SG is a bit more than I am prepared to use if the need arises. Besides I measured and it won't fit into my bedside drawer.
I am still going for a revolver for all the obvious reasons and a .32 has several rounds that bring the loads up close to .38 special for penetration.
If I can get my hands on that .32 327 Magnum I will probably get that. The bigger problem is getting ammo for it.
That could be the deal breaker.

Please for your own safety a .38 or even .357 snubby
A .32 is a two to the back of the head caliber, not a oh shit its a home invasion caliber.
Just FYI I'm 57 and have owned a gun for 47 years......
at 10 years old I held a valid Ohio hunting licence (still have it btw) at at that age had my own 20 gauge shotgun.
I learned to shoot years earlier and had been going (unarmed) hunting with my father and grandfather since I was 8.

A .38 is easily controlled and with the right loadout can put a normal person down quickly with a round or two.

Please for your own safety a .38 or even .357 snubby
A .32 is a two to the back of the head caliber, not a oh shit its a home invasion caliber.
Just FYI I'm 57 and have owned a gun for 47 years......
at 10 years old I held a valid Ohio hunting licence (still have it btw) at at that age had my own 20 gauge shotgun.
I learned to shoot years earlier and had been going (unarmed) hunting with my father and grandfather since I was 8.

A .38 is easily controlled and with the right loadout can put a normal person down quickly with a round or two.
ok, in the drawer, sspoom is right. Still, I’m a 9mm guy. Shoot ‘em before you buy. It is the best shopping you can do.

I don’t like auto loader rounds in revolvers. A .38 is the same diameter (stupidly close) as a 9mm.
.38 has a cartridge shape that is designed for revolvers. 9mm is designed to work in an auto loader. If you want a 9mm go with an auto loader that you feel comfortable with. If you want a revolvers for simplicity go with .38 or .357.

And Australians. :)

Speak for yourself. I know plenty of people with guns, don't own one myself but been spotlight shooting more than a few times.
What we don't have is the 'gun culture' thing that the USA does, so while there are plenty of guns in Australia, they're more 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Speak for yourself. I know plenty of people with guns, don't own one myself but been spotlight shooting more than a few times.
What we don't have is the 'gun culture' thing that the USA does, so while there are plenty of guns in Australia, they're more 'out of sight, out of mind'.
Oh agreed. Difference is I don't think most residential households have an AR-15 under their roof. :) Farmers and other licensed occupations that need them fair enough, but yeah they don't need an M60 either.

Oh agreed. Difference is I don't think most residential households have an AR-15 under their roof. :) Farmers and other licensed occupations that need them fair enough, but yeah they don't need an M60 either.
How dare you. M60s are essential! Covering fire for your other family members to assault the home invaders position. Jeeez. Amateurs.

How dare you. M60s are essential! Covering fire for your other family members to assault the home invaders position. Jeeez. Amateurs.
Well there was the Emu War which we lost. May need 'em when round two kicks off sometime in the future. ;)

But yeah different cultures around guns and the laws reflect that. I have more chance of winning the lottery than being attacked in my own home by a burglar with a gun.

Emu War II: The Cassowary Connection

We really are fucked if the Emus bring those psychos along.
Emu War III: Return of the Wedgetail

eagle-kangaroo.jpg

(Yes that's a dead Kangaroo for size reference)

Back