Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hapless' Video AARs

The first of "Poking The Eagle", the series where I'm trying to learn how to beat the US as the Russians in Black Sea... mostly by throwing hundreds of pixeltruppen into the grinder and seeing what works. Big hats off to the FGM's own Zaba for kicking my teeth in on this one.

This is, like all your other videos, an amazing stuff. I´m a subscriber of your youtube channel since I discovered the Stavelot series and it´s great to seen me in tv :p

This was a really fun battle. The Abrahamas are Satanic hunter-killing machines jejejeje

Like I said, great work with your videos. I tried sometimes and it´s a huge work and not easy at all make them so interesting like yours.

Looked like the first wave of an echelon attack ;)

Part of Russian strategy, as you mentioned, is outnumbering the enemy. It applied here in this battle too -- maybe give a points adjustment to favor the Russians so they can get numeric superiority?

Great video AAR as usual! Thanks for doing them!

I have played this map as PBEM as both the scenario and as a quick battle. I found the scenario (where you have a fairly decent Russian force, but are facing a very high percentage of American AFV's with APS) to be extremely tough as the Russians. I successfully set two ambushes with recon troops where I caught Bradleys and Abrams from the rear with RPG-7's and RPG-26's, and all my men were promptly mowed down with nothing to show. I found getting my reinforcements forward was very difficult as well. Trying to coordinate two anti-tank teams to fire at the same time to overcome APS is nearly impossible.

As a quick battle, I was defending as the Americans against Russians with 25% bonus. My opponent only bought a company of T-90s, and primarily relied on attack helicopters, artillery and ATGMs to whittle down my defending Abrams. This approach worked quite well, even though he took fairly high casualties. I unwisely went for more tanks without APS, but should have gone with fewer, even better tanks.

I feel that Russian tanks should generally avoid Abrams unless they can be close and in terrain where they can surprise the Americans (namely urban or heavy woods). While I love CMBS, I'm looking forward to the scrappier, but still modern forces in CMSFII. I recently played a crummy Ukrainians vs crummy Ukrainians QB that was a really fun force mix.

Thanks very much guys, there's a very interesting mirror game against Titan coming up next. No idea how its going to pan out, but its getting increasingly messy...

As for fighting against the Americans in CMBS, I'm trying to find ways to put up a good fight without giving the Russians a points advantage... which may well be a forlorn effort. Limiting the US to Strykers and thereby removing the Abrams and Bradley from the equation might be a more effective way of balancing things out.

As for TRPs... they're great when you end up fighting over the ground you want to fight over... nothing beats a prepared battlefield, but either you have to establish it where your opponent cannot ignore it or rely on him being obliging enough to waltz into it.

I just watched the last episode today, and really enjoyed it whilst doing an hour workout on the bike in the shed.

Guess I'll start at the start for the rest of my bike sessions!

Also this playlist of @Hapless is excellent!

Back