Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hello all

B

blue

So I've had some combat mission games for about a year and I guess I'm pretty tired of getting wrecked by the AI in scenarios so I thought I'd try my hand at getting wrecked by real life people. When I'm not getting crushed in pre-made scenarios, I like to play a pseudo co-operative game with two other people using Parsec. We'll get together on Saturday mornings and play some quick homebrew scenarios I create and have a pretty fun time at that. Has anyone else played the game in this way?

I do have a question for now for more experienced players as well. Do the 2IC teams have any value? Right now I just use them as extra fire teams. Is that a common use for them or am I missing something?

It's nice to meet all you; I look forward to many multiplayer games (and tournaments look really cool, too).

So I've had some combat mission games for about a year and I guess I'm pretty tired of getting wrecked by the AI in scenarios so I thought I'd try my hand at getting wrecked by real life people.
Be sure to check out many of the great video's on YouTube from @Hapless, they help a lot! (y)

When I'm not getting crushed in pre-made scenarios, I like to play a pseudo co-operative game with two other people using Parsec. We'll get together on Saturday mornings and play some quick homebrew scenarios I create and have a pretty fun time at that. Has anyone else played the game in this way?
Never heard of Parsec before, had to look it up. SO basically you all look at the same screen and decide together which order to give? That sounds like fun!

I do have a question for now for more experienced players as well. Do the 2IC teams have any value? Right now I just use them as extra fire teams. Is that a common use for them or am I missing something?
2IC are the "assistant COs" (2IC = 2nd In Command). They take over if the company/battalion commander gets killed. They are for all intents and purposes just another fire team until they fulfill this role. People use them for all sorts of things; medics, spotters (they can call in artillery), etc.

I personally like to use them as a replacement CO by keeping him close to another section of the front. If they have a radio (or are in a radio equipped vehicle) they help a little with exchanging spotting information with the rest of the troops. Mind you, they only exchange information "horizontally" since they have no official position in the hierarchy (yet), but all little steps help I think.

It's nice to meet all you; I look forward to many multiplayer games (and tournaments look really cool, too).
Nice to meet you too! Have fun here.

@Blady yep, I've watched all of @Hapless' videos, and I've watched AND rewatched a bunch of his AARs as well as @Josey Wales and @DoubleD and had great great fun watching them all. My biggest problem is my impatience! Though I'm not as impatient as the two I play with.

Yep, that's exactly how Parsec works. When CMSF2 came out on steam, we first played on Steam Link but it was very laggy. Then I found Parsec and it's a very smooth performance. What makes it great is that you're streaming your computer screen to the other users so their computers don't have to be very high tier to run Parsec. The downside to this is that you have to wait until the others make their turns, but it's great fun watching the turn replay and watching everything unfold together.

Thanks for the info on 2IC. :)

Big welcome to the Club @blue The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Back