Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hello!

• Thread starter GaussianElimination
  • Start date
G

GaussianElimination

Hello Everyone,

This is GussianElimination and I send you all greetings from Anaheim, California. I just bought Combat Mission: Cold War after watching Mostly Hapless on youtube. So far I've only played through Direction Found and Between Two Fahrbahns and I'm having a great time. Though new to combat mission I've played a lot of strategy games in the past covering just about every corner of the genre from in depth hex and counter games to real time strategy games, though most of my focus has been on miniature games like Warhammer, Flames of War, and Warmachine. I'm planning to buy the entire CM series eventually, I'm thinking maybe Fortress Italy next.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and playing against some human opponents.

Welcome aboard!

Anaheim eh?

I'll never forget back in 2009 I played a CM scenario against a gent from Anaheim.
We made a bet that the loser must wear the other teams hat to our home stadium.

Well, here's me wearing a "Anaheim" Angels hat at Yankee Stadium during the 2009 playoffs.
Good times. :)

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

This is GussianElimination and I send you all greetings from Anaheim, California. I just bought Combat Mission: Cold War after watching Mostly Hapless on youtube. So far I've only played through Direction Found and Between Two Fahrbahns and I'm having a great time. Though new to combat mission I've played a lot of strategy games in the past covering just about every corner of the genre from in depth hex and counter games to real time strategy games, though most of my focus has been on miniature games like Warhammer, Flames of War, and Warmachine. I'm planning to buy the entire CM series eventually, I'm thinking maybe Fortress Italy next.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and playing against some human opponents.
Welcome to the forum.
I recommend CMFI, it's got a lot of variety in there, terrain and armies.
Happy gaming!

Welcome aboard GaussianElimination!
CMFI would be a good addition. With all the added addons you can fight the entire Italian theater from the invasion of Sicily to the Alps!

Big welcome to the Club @GaussianElimination The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hello Everyone,

You are in the right place if you want to play against human oponent. Welcome!

1620612498307.png

Welcome to the club! Please enjoy a doughnut and some coffee while you look about.

Welcome!

Btw, what is your impression about Flames of War?
It seems that people playing Warhammer or other sci-fi/fantasy games and want to try a historical game, begin with Bolt Action or this one, is it the same for you?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! @OnWargaming that about sums it up. Like all miniatures games its restricted in how it deals with fog of war and scouting which makes it fairly unsatisfactory as a simulation, but it does a lot right as a miniatures game. It does a much better job with scenarios with a clear attacker and defender than any of the other miniature games I play which mostly focus on meeting engagements.

I would suggest Chain of Command then, a tactical game where there is a patrol phase and not all units are deployed at once.
A very nice one.

Back