Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Holiday Mayhem

Nemesis

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking for a CMFB ladder match.

What say you?

Last edited:
You got it. PM me your email addy and I will get a Drop Box set up with first file.

Why use TRPs at all? If you feel that there isn't enough time for normal artillery requests, why not use two hours of battle time?

Artillery adjustment in CM is unfortunately unrealistically bad. And TRP targeting is unrealistically good.

Last edited:
Artillery adjustment in CM is unfortunately unrealistically bad.
But that only adds to the excitement of the game. I have many times been waiting for a barrage after an adjustement just to see the enemy starting to move away from the area and finaly have the barrage come down and split the enemy's units up in the chaos that falls upon them. It is a bit nerve wrecking while one is waiting for it but so rewarding when it finally comes.

But that only adds to the excitement of the game. I have many times been waiting for a barrage after an adjustement just to see the enemy starting to move away from the area and finaly have the barrage come down and split the enemy's units up in the chaos that falls upon them. It is a bit nerve wrecking while one is waiting for it but so rewarding when it finally comes.

I recently had this happen to me in a game (I got hammered). But for every time I have seen this, I have seen four examples where:

1) The spotting rounds fall for 30+ minutes because the FO cannot spot them. By the time they get on target, the battle has moved on. Half of your artillery ammo is wasted.

2) The spotting rounds fall repeatedly in the same place. The gunners make no adjustments.

3) The spotting rounds fall FURTHER away from the target.

4) The FO cannot see spotting rounds that are hitting right in front of him. He can have clear LOS to the impact crater and somehow not make an adjustment off of this hit.

5) Combining all of this, I have seen "quick barrages" where 50 spotting rounds are fired to put 8 rounds on target.

6) The process is so slow, that you can easily dodge a lot of artillery. Most of my dodges are successful. Occassionally, I get the the disaster where my guys are hit while they are fleeing.

Artillery adjustment is broken in CMX2. It simply does not work as it does in real life. BTW, when I was in the Army, I used to call for fire.

If it worked right, the FO would at least "hear" the impact and know it was far off to the right, for example. He would shift it maybe 500 meters to the left. Each spotting round fired would represent progress. He could hear rounds or see the smoke, dust and debris of impact above trees. And gunners (at least American ones) are really good at hitting map coordinates. If you feed them good coordinates, they will score hits.

But if we ever play, please brings lots of artillery and manually adjust it. :cheerso:

Allright Nemesis,

If you'd like one more game in FB we could play any of my two huge quick battle maps (attack or meeting) called The Blue Hills which you find on The Scenario Depot.
Or we could play any of these FB quick battle maps I'd like to try out:

Hofen (2672x1200) 087a1
Hamlet-Grosshau 169p
Foy (1072x1200) 166p
Forest-Rural (800x624) 108a1
Forest-Rough (912x800) 183m
Cutline (800x800) 157m
CMBO Classic Wiltz-Revised (1152x960) 185m
CMBO Classic Riesberg (912x688) 186a1
CMBO Chance Encounter (832x800) 113m
Cheneux (1696x752) 083a1
Break the Siege (1008x1008) 081a1
Baraque de Fraiture (1168x1456) 163a1
Aachen-the-Factories 175m
Aachen (1200x1040) 156a1

I'll soon be able to send a reply each day (almost) for a couple of weeks. If you send me a reply while I'm in the library I might be able to send you two replies that day.

Let me know.

Wow. The Hofen map looks awesome! I can't believe I never saw that one before.

Here are the parameters, you pick the side you want to play!

This is a Ladder played with the Elite setting.

CMFB map is Hofen (2672x1200) 087a1

Attack- US Army Attacks the US Army (the US has the best artillery)
Large
2 Hours
Ardennes
Combat Force: Mix
No force adjustment
Human Unit Purchase
Map Preview allowed
Force Adjustment: No change
January
Time--Dawn
Clear
Dry
Strict Rarity

Special Rules:

1) The defender may not fire into the attacker's set up zone.

2) No preplanned bombardments for the Defender. No barrages immediately in front of the attackers start line.

3) No air power for either side.

You pick the side you want to play... US Army Attacks the US Army
I have no other choice than to pick US Army. But if you mean defender or attacker I can be the defender and you attack (or assault) me.

I understand that you set it up. We can use Google Drive ir Drop Box. We can even use e-mail for the first small file.

petrus.emae@gmail.com

I already chose my troops. But I have no internet at home and have problems uploading files from my phone which have been transfered (copied) from the computer. My phone simply treats those files as non existent.

I have to wait til I sit in the pub tomorrow around 10 or 11am. I will be there for a while and if you reply while I'm there I might be able to make my first moves and return the save to you.

Cool. I will await your file. I am pretty quick at turning files around.

New save uploaded. But if you use the H2H Helper you would probably know that already.

The battle of Hofen is almost about to start.

But the area I have to defend is quite a bit larger than I thought. I have done some early preparations but will need a little bit more time to properly set the units up in their defending positions.

I don't think you will get the new save until the afternoon tomorrow as I probably won't be able to set this up before I go to my part time duties in one of the theatres in the town.

But if you're at work or sleeping before I manage to send it you won't notice anything anyway.

I'll definitely find someone with whom I can play this map as the attacker.

BG

Take your time! It is truly a cool map with lots of possibilities.

Hello again,

I've been a bit busy today and work tomorrow after which I might go out to get kissed by female colleagues who wish me a great new year. That means I won't be able to send you the new save until either Wednesday or Thursday.

But I guess that won't be of too much concern for you as you probably will be a bit busy tomorrow anyway, and maybe get kissed by female colleagues too, and might need some rest on Wednesday.

But you'll get that save. That's my New Year's promise.

Bjorn

I've finaly finished to place my pixeltruppen where I want them to start with.

From now on I should be able to send you a save once a day, except for on Sundays when I can't guarantee to be able to send you one.

You send me a save whenever you can. No need to feel obliged to send one each day.

Let the fight begin.

I am good for one per day. In fact, I work at home in front of my computer most of the day. I often return files within an hour of getting them.

I will send you a PM, so we can privately discuss all of the girls you kissed.

Back