Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Is the assault on the Reichstag in Fire & Rubble?

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Just watched a short documentary about the Soviet assault on the Reichstag in the last days of the Battle for Berlin.

Wondering if that is included in the Fire & Rubble module? Did they make a special Reichstag building for it?

There is no scenario that specifically says "Reichstag" in it but there are several City scenarios that say "Berlin" in it.
Another way of asking could be "Are the iconic buildings in the centre of Berlin represented in the game, or are they just the usual modular buildings and we can play pretend they are the Reichstag, the Opera House, etc?"

Ze Reichstag:
Reichstag.jpg

Brandenburger Tor:
BranderburgerTor.jpg

Zee Staatsoper:
Staatsoper.jpg

All seem to be repurposed standard buildings, but the effect is good... except the gate.
EDIT - spelling error

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the screenshots. While the map maker did a good job with the limited tools he had available, I still feel underwhelmed.

Not only from a visual perspective, but also that the extremely strong Reichstag building would be represented by normal modular buildings that can't withstand even 37mm.

In real life, they shelled that building with everything they had, and it's still standing today. In game, you could take it with armoured cars as fire support.

Branderburger Tor:
BranderburgerTor.jpg
1366394473569.jpg

Thanks for posting the screenshots. While the map maker did a good job with the limited tools he had available, I still feel underwhelmed.

Not only from a visual perspective, but also that the extremely strong Reichstag building would be represented by normal modular buildings that can't withstand even 37mm.

In real life, they shelled that building with everything they had, and it's still standing today. In game, you could take it with armoured cars as fire support.
Yeah I think we'd deserve a few new buildings for our money... but yes, they did a decent job with what they had.

Was there supposed to be a comment to this? I just posted the same pic.

Looking at the actual Berlin, I can't help but think the F&R map is a pale imitation.

I understand they don't like to make unique buildings that can only be used once, like the Reichstag, but surely they could have made a couple of special bombed out apartment block buildings, since that's what most of Berlin consisted of at this point. Also those buildings could be used for most other big German cities at this point.

Ah, ok. It shows fine on my screen. This could cause confusion.

@Bootie am I doing the embedding of the pic wrong? I just chose the "insert pic" option and "from URL" option.

Isn't there a church variant with a dome in F&R, maybe it can be used as well. The towers seem to be church towers that are destroyed. Large churches can withstand a lot of punishment so they would be a nice fit for the Reichstag.

Isn't there a church variant with a dome in F&R, maybe it can be used as well. The towers seem to be church towers that are destroyed. Large churches can withstand a lot of punishment so they would be a nice fit for the Reichstag.
I don't have Fire and Rubble, so my version of the Reichstag was made in CMFB. No domed church there.

I just made it to show what is possible with the existing toolset, and to explain why I'm a bit underwhelmed with what they offer in the official release.

More of a suggestion to anyone who would like to try rather than a prompt for you to do it ;)
Heck, maybe I'll try myself.
Edit: there might be an engine limitation to buildings that large, which would cover many many action points.

Edit: there might be an engine limitation to buildings that large, which would cover many many action points.
I didn't mean that they should have designed one single huge custom building that included all of the Reichstag in one, but that they could have made the entry part, and then the wings and towers could either be other custom buildings, or simply a reskin for the existing church architecture. Then a unit of extra large columns to place in front. The ones I used are too small but it's the best I had.

Last edited:
Back