Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

July 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA in lock down until 01-05, or thereabouts. :cautious:
Don't get me started. Down @HOA_KSOP , down boy!
What I find interesting is that just across the border in Oregon, we aren’t doing what you are doing. And we be as liberal as you.....don’t get me wrong, we have masks and such, but no outdoor dining? A lock down? At this point?

I'm Surrey, Tier 4 here as well so we're locked down through Christmas and New Year. Add to that France has closed it's borders (ports and airfields) to the UK, as have 30 other countries, because we've got a new strain which is even more contagious. Plus we've gone past the Brexit deal deadline with no agreement so technically it's a 'no-deal' Brexit from the EU (hmm... and France closes it's borders!) and I'm just waiting for 4 horsemen to come trotting down my road to finish the year :runner:

CA in lock down until 01-05, or thereabouts. :cautious:
Don't get me started. Down @HOA_KSOP , down boy!
Well, let's talk about Pandemics. If everyone is wearing a mask and washing hands and social distancing then why do we need a lockdown? Riddle me this, 17,592,760 cases of COVID in the US, 315260 deaths. There have been 224,938,642 COVID tests administered as of 12/16. That places the positive rate at roughly 7.8 %. 1.8% of the 17+ million positives have died. .14% of the number of tested are a fatality.

Here's what I think. The vaccination order should be changed. Medical professionals and old people caregivers should get it first. Old people and high-risk people should then be locked down. The government should throw money at Meals on Wheels to expand that program to ensure that the elderly (and high-risk people) who are not in retirement homes get groceries and prescriptions delivered to them and if I was running the show I would set up a program where vaccinated doctors would make house calls to the elderly ( and high-risk people). I would then vaccinate teachers and school workers and open the schools. Study after study has shown young people have a very low rate of infection and transmission and I think the harm to our country by children not being in school far outweighs the risk of them being there. If the teachers are vaccinated then they are at low risk of infection and if they are among people that have a low rate of transmitting the virus, it should be safe to be in school. I would then vaccinate law enforcement, the military and everyone else, with the elderly and high risk people being last. Because if everyone is vaccinated before them, then they are in no real danger right?

What I see is tons of old people out and about. I have told my wife I attribute that to the fact that a lot of elderly don't have the tech or the tech-savvy to get stuff ordered or delivered online so they are shopping the way they always have because they don't have the means or savvy to isolate and still get supplies. But what I do know is we need to get people that drive the economy vaccinated at an accelerated rate to get businesses back up and going and get people back at work. Why? Did you know that the US now has a GDP to debt ratio greater than %110 percent. The country is falling into debt faster because we are not working and producing, not to mention the fact that 35% of all the US dollars ever printed and issued have been in the last 10 months? We either get back to work or the world economy collapses.

Is that enough good news for you mTk?

Last edited:
I've typed and deleted a few things here.

It's best if you guys keep politics out of the forums.
I am sure you would agree that It would be best if we didn't have leaders who put 60 COVID-positive patients in retirement homes, which, as a result, a few thousand old folks died, while a US Navy hospital ship and a field hospital set up to handle COVID cases went basically unused. I am sure no politics were involved in that decision, right Gunner?

You can fool most of the people most of the time, but not all the people all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back