Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Just joining the community!

ARKSh7R

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello fellows, im Taylor; online alias ARKSH7R. I was introduced to the combat mission series whenever i was watching Men of War Assault Squad videos posted by DiplexHeated, and a CMSF2 video was recommended to me on the side. The game initially struck me as crude and seemed outdated, but as i delved deeper i learned that it is in fact as close as one can get to realistic combat simulations in the medium of wargaming. I started watching Usually Hapless and Double Vision's well done battle-report style videos, and was deeply intrigued by the game series. I started a few months ago with CMBS and thoroughly enjoyed what it had to offer. However, i was somewhat fatigued by the heavy reliance on tank and IFV superiority, and wanted to set my toes into the European theaters of WW2, thus i purchased CMFI. I am still learning the intricacies of the games, such as effective employment of all the various assets, and am enjoying it every step of the way. However, i would very much like to do some head-head PvP, since i have began to learn how the AI behaves in various situations. (I am aware each scenario has different pre-programmed patterns specific to that mission) I tried to play with my 16 year old nephew, but we are struggling to get a server functioning due to the port forwarding aspect.

Regardless, I served in the US Army for several years as a Technician on various pieces of equipment, and have always been fascinated by the operational theory and execution of large scale conventional warfare, and the CM series is really scratching that itch. I'm happy to be a part of what seems to be an excellent online community of fellow wargaming and history enthusiasts. (It's called "The Few Good Men" for crying out loud, that's a perfect name for this type of community).

Welcome.

However, i would very much like to do some head-head PvP, since i have began to learn how the AI behaves in various situations. (I am aware each scenario has different pre-programmed patterns specific to that mission) I tried to play with my 16 year old nephew, but we are struggling to get a server functioning due to the port forwarding aspect.

Seems like you're trying to play realtime? I recommend you try the WeGo mode if you haven't done so already. In my opinion, it's where the game really shines.

1620612498307.png

Welcome to the club ... please enjoy a donut and some coffee!

Big welcome to the Club @ARKSh7R The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome.

Seems like you're trying to play realtime? I recommend you try the WeGo mode if you haven't done so already. In my opinion, it's where the game really shines.
if you are talking about the turn based mode, it's pretty much the only way i play it. I do occasionally play Real-time but at such large scale it's hard to keep up

Back