Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Kicking around some ideas, again.

Great work Nathangun!

I recently wrote a campaign Idea that I had been designing that shares a lot of similarities to yours Nathangun. I explored a bit with counting ammo and man count for U.S. and German platoons. Would it be helpful for me to send you some of the excel sheets I made for them?

I really like the supply the mechanics and how they have to traced via road, add's some additional Key Terrarian. How will you be calculating ammo usage throughout after the battle is over?

Also, I really like those unit counters, where they designed through the vassal engine or different software?

Looking forward to seeing how these campaign ideas develop!

Very late but a few pointers/idea/stuff to be ignored. :D

- Are you going through with the carrying over of ammunition levels? It's a lot of work for a GM. The 'Five Lions' ammunition levels determined solely by being able to draw a LOS to a HQ hex so to speak has worked well. Knocking down supply levels to adequate or severe over a campaign turn or two really has the desired effect.
- Who says players need to fight over a single hex? Letting players move in and say they want to risk trying to take 1, 2, 3 hexes at could be an interesting concept. More risk but greater reward. Win = take all the hexes you gambled on taking. Lose = A bigger defeat and pushed back further. Slice and dicing master maps give you a lot of freedom to mix up the battlefield dimensions each time.
- Like the vassal idea. Never could work out how to program it though.

- Who says players need to fight over a single hex? Letting players move in and say they want to risk trying to take 1, 2, 3 hexes at could be an interesting concept. More risk but greater reward. Win = take all the hexes you gambled on taking. Lose = A bigger defeat and pushed back further.

I like this idea. A bit like in Crusader Kings where you have to have a casus belli in order to start a war.

So if you start a war with the aim of taking over the entire kingdom, you get the whole kingdom if you win. But if you only declare war over a single county, then that's what you will get if you win, even if you defeated the entire enemy army.

Back