Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

King Of The Hill

The cut-throat knife-fight King Of The Hill competition returns.

Had such a good response with two initial players and 9 challengers having signed up already.

So to avoid having players sit around in the queue and twiddle their thumbs ... I revised the format of the tourney.

Basically now you have to claw your way up to the throne by winning 3 battles in a row, starting in the bottom row (where new challengers get slotted in) and work your way to a shot at the throne (the reigning King just can sit up there and swat away the upstarts... see chart below)

Battles remain the same: short, sharp small/tiny, 15-turn Blue-on-Blue knife-fight CM battles with identical mirror OOB's (using all the WW2 CM titles and whatever troops or funky kit my fevered brain can conjur up)

Any Victory level good enough -- Draws are sorted out by counting casualties: 20 pts per vehicle lost, 1 point per man KIA/WIA/POW

Trash talk, bragging, propaganda screenshots are all essential part of the fun.

NEW FORMAT:

The first two players to sign up continue in their original battle to fight it out to see who's first King of The Hill: @fivefivesix VS @Bill

KOH new 001.jpg

The rest of the players slot in below in sequence they signed up to the tourney... so additional battles are:

Middle tier: (the two winners here move up to the second rung to see who'll fight it out to be challenger for the throne in the 3rd round)

1. @A Canadian Cat (axis) VS @MeatEtr (allies) (to determine the next challenger for the throne)

Bottom tier:

1. @sspoom (axis) VS @General Sir Anthony C H M (allies)

2. @Gunner (axis) VS @holoween (allies)

@Pvt Joe , @Nort and @Wellsonian (and whoever else signs up next first) are lined up to slot in as the 3rd tier fighters for the next round.

(Basically, players are slotted into the bottom tier as they sign up -- any opponent drop outs and players will get a pass to the next round)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REIGNING KING: (to be determined)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGERS:

1609397673399.png @Pvt Joe

1609397696235.png @Nort

1609397719286.png @Wellsonian

1609592124067.png @Explorer

1609670702996.png @Stafford

1609759650919.png @Nathangun

DEPOSED KINGS:

New Battle scenario
It's vanilla CMBN -- Waffen SS Marders and Flak Halftracks on both sides fight it out in a 15 turn melee along a railway track.

Either player can start up the battle. (download scenario below) -- any probs please let me know asap. :cool:

CM Normandy 2021-01-02 14-49-47-512.jpg

Attachments

• KOH 002.zip
    46.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Ready to rock 'n roll with the first battle.

@fivefivesix (Axis) VS @Bill (Allies) -- either player can set up first -- scenario available for download below.

CM Red Thunder 2020-12-30 08-39-30-740.jpg

CMRT -- Russkies vs Russkies.

Small town ... 3 objectives... 15 turns... both sides have 6x T-34/76 tanks and 2x platoons of SMG Infantry.

Let me know if there any problems or issues asap.

It's gonna get messy. :cool:

Good luck. Hope it's a fun battle.

Attachments

• KOH 001.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm a little confused are all four games (@fivefivesix VS @Bill, @A Canadian Cat VS @MeatEtr, @sspoom VS @General Sir Anthony C H M, @Gunner VS @holoween) supposed to battle with the round 1 scenario? Or just fivefivesix and Bill?

fivefivesix and Bill fight their own CMRT scenario.

Everyone else use the new CMBN scenario (KOH 002) available in the first post of the thread (had to switch to CMBN as we have a player with only CMBN in the roster)

From round 2 onwards all four battle will always use the same scenario.

Apologies for any confusion.

Can restart using CMBN if you want. That's how good it is going for the fight for the throne.

These little battle are great. Even better if I was winning.

To all players -- please check out first post in this thread for updated format to this tourney -- six more players have battles now in this first round -- any player can start up the battles.

Use the new KOH 002 scenario posted in the first post.

Plse report in to confirm your battles have started.

Four challengers ready to slot in for the next round.

@Bill @fivefivesix @MeatEtr @A Canadian Cat @Nort @General Sir Anthony C H M @Gunner @holoween @Pvt Joe @Wellsonian @Explorer
Interesting new format... kinda like making the challengers earn the right to challenge the king.

Interesting concept!

Have some other games / challenges that needs to be dealt with first, but as I see that there are plenty of pretenders for the throne I guess there's no need to rush things.

Back