Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

kohlenklau's Early War Orphans project (CMFI Barbarossa & CMFI Fall Gelb)

K

kohlenklau

It looks like we are on our own lads. I gave my best case (others did too) in the CMRT forum F&R thread to Steve/BFC to give us some "war gamer kits" and I can hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

FROM HERE ON OUT, I THINK CMFI CAN BE THE BEST ARENA FOR EARLY WAR MODS EVEN IF SET IN USSR, FRANCE, etc.

Reason 1: Since you can set the scenario date to July 1943, there is a confirmed for FJ and German Motorized Infantry, no panzerfausts. No MP44. We can probably scenario edit out the HMG42 and LMG42.

Reason 2: There are multiple axis nations so you can have around 6 uniform choices on the map. CMRT has only 2 uniform choices for Allies. But that will change with F&R. You can have at least 2 voice files in use at once in a scenario. You can have at least 2 names files in use in a scenario. Think of Germans and Italians at El Alamein or Romanians and Germans near Stalingrad.

Reason 3: There are multiple allied nations. This allows somewhat more uniform choices on the map vs just 2. Some allied nations use the same uniforms as US it seems. You can have multiple voice files in use at once in a scenario. You can have multiple names files in use in a scenario. A North Afrika Tunisia scenario with Free French, British and US all fighting against Axis.

Reason 4: we have all the seasons

The modding of CMFI to become a new early war CMRT is a great project. CMFI BARBAROSSA will not start until after F&R comes out.

The modding of CMFI to become a new early war CMBN is a great project. CMFI FALL GELB will not start until after F&R comes out.

So, if you want to be involved, please PM me. These projects take a long time and take a lot of effort. Pulling the wagon is easier with some help! If you have talent or even want to give a first try at scenario writing, modding, Blender work, GiMP work, Photoshop, making coffee, etc. You have a new home! Early War Orphans must stick together and develop from the CM community what we most likely will never see from BFC. Never say never but F&R still not out after a half decade. So, I will lock up the negativity from this point and just press forward. :cool:

I volunteer as test player! :LOL:

Id love to contribute some other way, but no idea on what.

@Blady From your other thread, you are a CMRT East Front guy, right? I could use a guy with a brain to do a little research and some simple analysis and a very, very short report. I am in an echo chamber of my own concepts and need a good fresh outside opinion That would help this project.
You'll be busy for a while playing F&R I assume. :) But in a few months, please contact me.

Will do! Was actually planning your Finnish mod for this evening, but indeed, F&R will keep me busy for a while. At least I hope it will... :geek:

If you can't or don't want to mod/write scenarios then can you do some analysis?

If this sounds of interest, please PM me or just have at it and post your thoughts and opinions here in this thread...

The Issues for Analysis:
A. When we re-create an early Barbarossa portrayal using CMFI, what are the limitations/pluses/minuses to each of the below...?
1. A generic German infantry squad/platoon of CMFI July 1943 trying to be its best June 1941 generic German inf. squad/platoon.
2. (Kind of the opposite direction) A generic Soviet infantry squad/platoon of June 1941 CMRT portrayed from CMFI assets (US, British, French, etc.).
B. When we re-create a 1940 Fall Gelb portrayal using CMFI, what are the limitations/pluses/minuses to each of the below...?
1. A generic German infantry squad/platoon of CMFI July 1943 trying to be its best May 1940 generic German inf. squad/platoon.
2. (Kind of the opposite direction) A generic French or British infantry squad/platoon of May 1940 portrayed from CMFI assets (US, British, French, etc.).

Example: Look at fire power of the squad, magazine capacity, rate of fire, numbers of troops. We cannot go INSIDE the game code to tweak rate of fire of the SMG's. In a CMFI Barbarossa, we can mod to see a Soviet rifle squad with the Russian voices, Russian names, Soviet uniforms, helmets, UI ranks, a LOT of changes to the eye of the player. But the PPsH1941 will deep down be a different SMG. I have said before, the purists will snub their nose and not want to play this. But for many others, it might be a fine/fun substitute for the game that BFC will PROBABLY NEVER make.

Back