Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Letters to General Nathan "the Hibernian"

Nelson1812

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Dear General...

General Nathan on reading this slab, return immediately from the “land of Winter” Hibernia, and journey through Italia onto Rome. Visit the emperors friends and establish how he fairs.
If the runes, travellers and merchants are to be believe, the house of Blue Wellsonian and their emporia that have plague Italia, may soon be heavily discounted and then no-more.

Confirm the state of the blue legions to the north, rumours abound they have taken a mauling by the barbarians, and his galleys in the Mare Occidentale have been destroyed.

I have it on good authority that Africa have revolted against the Emperors tyranny, quickly followed and joined by Hispania, Aegyptus and Syria.

They are being led by a religious fanatic known as Enigma the Green. (The Greens as they are know promise to build walls… where no walls have been built before. (Yes we heard that one before too!) ).
His disciples Bootius, and McMortisiua are leading legions that have rebelled and have vowed not to eat meat until they have placed they Messiah on the throne of Rome.

As far as I am concerned, let them eat cabbage, as long as they remain clear of our ambitions.
More Turkey for us!

Then join me in Asia… for wine, women, and song … before we make our move against these foes!

Your Brother-in-arms, spirit, and battle.

Bretrayious Nelsonicus

Last edited:
Merde! A pox upon the house of Nelsonii!

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely; his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”​
- Marcus Tullius Cicero​

Ave imperator, Wellsonius!

Dear General...

General Nathan on reading those entrails you dispatched, and the news we have received, I am not surprised that Bootius has imposed restrictions on the sale of flip flops
to non-Roman citizens and this has slowed your journey to the West.

I have received information that Enigma the Green has taken to his fleet controlling the Mare Occidentale, and has sent an army by sea to strike at the heart of that rotten tomato in Italia.

It appears the Prophet Enigma is also attempting to raise the temperature of the Brits serving in the legions by spreading rumours relating to the Emperors handling of the revolt in Britannica.
The emperors description in May, of Boudica as a “stupid woman” and then to adjusting his words to insult then as “stupid people “could help our cause.

I have also heard it rumoured that the Nomads have moved against Aegyptus, and the blues are financing their adventure!

In order to shorten your journey have sent a legion into Pannonia to await your return.

Your Brother-in-arms, spirit, and battle.

Bretrayious Nelsonicus

Last edited:
Back