Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Lies, slander and sledging: a shared DAR between Artemis and Gnarly

Gnarly

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
After the miserable failure of @Artemis258's and my previous separate Final Blitzkrieg DAR's, we'll try a new approach: a single no-holds barred thread, with taunting, malicious innuendo, bravado, back-stabbing, and insulting in the time-honoured tradition of Trump's twitter feed.....

Gratuitously borrowed from another thread (thanks @Panzer Lehr !)... :rolleyes:

upload_2017-2-2_22-32-12-png.12526

So. Art sent me the game file. Helpfully called ArtprobesGnarly

I am already very concerned... Is this his opening shot in our game of psychological warfare???

Who?

My gritty Ami's are defending the sprawling city of Stavelot against Art's despicable Waffen SS in a large probe. No holds barred.

Art_Stavelot1.jpg
Delightful weather eh? Notice the historic cathedral in the foreground? It's survived 1000 years of invasions, uprisings and revolutions....

Art_Stavelot2.jpg
Those SS swine are approaching from the far horizon.

Weather?

Utterly miserable. Its absolutely pi55ing down! Squelch. Mud. Slither. Bog.
My GI's are shivering in deep brown puddles at the bottom of their foxholes. What crazy person attacks in weather like this????

Last edited:
Did I mention the despicable Waffen SS??

Reinforcing their callous disregard for history and civilian casualties, in what surely MUST be considered a war crime, the cathedral is heavily shelled in the opening minutes of the battle. At least 3 precious stain-glass windows are shattered... It seems Art's gunners also have a complete disregard for accuracy?

Last edited:
Ach, Ve have no time for Amerikanische pretenshions of religion... Only Victory!

Also, it vas nur eine potential position zat we hit! Mit pinpoint accuracy no less!

EDIT: I'm enjoying the rain! Too often the battles I fight are in perfectly clear weather conditions.. variety is the spice of life!

Pansy.

Last edited by a moderator:
To take Artemis´ 1st post in a free and more german style form (first try): Wir haben keine Zeit für religiösen Schnickschnack, Mann! Kann sich eh nur der Ami leisten. Die Kathedrale ist eine zu gute Beobachter- und Scharfschützenposition. Wenn wir sie nicht unter Beschuß genommen hätten, würde uns das später schlecht bekommen! War doch deutsche Maßarbeit. Ist kaum etwas zu Bruch gegangen und trotzdem wird der Ami es sich überlegen, ob er da nochmal jemanden hinstellt. Und jetzt die faulen Ärsche hoch und dem Ami in den Arsch getreten! Vorwärts, dem Siege entgegen!

Greetings

Wir haben keine Zeit für religiösen Schnickschnack, Mann! Kann sich eh nur der Ami leisten. Die Kathedrale ist eine zu gute Beobachter- und Scharfschützenposition. Wenn wir sie nicht unter Beschuß genommen hätten, würde uns das später schlecht bekommen! War doch deutsche Maßarbeit. Ist kaum etwas zu Bruch gegangen und trotzdem wird der Ami es sich überlegen, ob er da nochmal jemanden hinstellt. Und jetzt die faulen Ärsche hoch und dem Ami in den Arsch getreten! Vorwärts, dem Siege entgegen!

LOL at Google translate!
We have no time for religious nonsense, man! Can only afford the Ami. The cathedral is too good an observer and sniper position. If we had not taken them under fire, that would be bad for us! It was German custom. There was hardly anything broken, and yet Ami will be wondering if he will be there again. And now the rotten asses high and the Ami in the ass kicked! Forward to victory!

Wow, not bad that Google Translator! What isn´t quite welltranslated in this is "Maßarbeit". The Google Translator translated it with "custom". What is in german "Brauch, Sitte, Gewohnheit etc.". That would mean Germans always attack religious things - what isn´t true. The better translation would have been "precision work" or similar.

Greetings

xyAclnc.png

Hans, braving enemy fire, stands his ground to hose down Gnarly's lone surviving picket!

nBZvkYP.png

Gnarly's troops show little of the same determination, nor invulnerability!

German translation (second attempt): Wochenschau: "... Das gegnerische Feuer verachtend, hielt Hans nicht nur seine Stellung, sondern machte auch noch ein Widerstandsnest des Gegners nieder. Der gegnerischen Truppen Entschlossenheit brach daraufhin völlig zusammen. Die gegnerischen Verluste ..."

Greetings

Back