Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

LONG LIVE THE KING! - Field of Glory II Medieval Campaign - now open for sign-ups.

Welcome to LONG LIVE THE KING!

A fun/quick Field of Glory II Medieval Campaign set in a fictional war in the late 12th/early 13th Century for control over the Kingdom of France with four factions: King of England, King of France, Duke of Burgundy and the Count of Toulouse.

A quick, fun (hopefully) campaign of a fictional 13th Century war for the control of the Kingdom of France... over 8 turns representing 4 years of campaigning seasons... four factions:

1. the powerful Angevin Kings of England with their vast holdings in France and claims to the French crown

2. the embattled Kings of France... barely in control of the royal lands

3. the ambitious and wealthy Dukes of Burgundy

4. the Counts of Toulouse dominating the south of France

For 4 to 8 players. (probably one leader and one assistant battle commander/sergeant at arms per faction)

ARMIES:
The following army lists will be used in the FOG II Medieval Battles:

King of England: English 1155-1271

King of France: French 1155 - 1319

Duke of Burgundy: German (Northwest) 1200 - 1319

Count of Toulouse: Bretons 1155 - 1319

I have updated and redesigned the campaign map and playing counters to match the Army Banners that appear in the FOG battles (so Burgundy and Toulouse are not historical)

FOG II medieval FIN setup.jpg

This will probably work well with approximately EIGHT players -- one Commander per faction to handle the strategic orders (and fight battles) and a Sergeant at Arms as an additional battlefield commander.

The campaign is really very SIMPLE and each side usually only has one or two moves to make per turn -- focuse is really on playing LOTS of battles :cool:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGLAND

nathan.jpg

Commander: Nathan, Duke of Normandy -- ( @Nathangun )

HOA_KSOP.jpg
Sergeant at Arms: Sir Hoaksop, Earl of Kent -- (@HOA_KSOP )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRANCE

jolly olly.jpg

Commander: Olivier The Jolly, Duc de Bourbon -- (@Jolly Olly )

badger.jpg
Sergeant at Arms: Badger, Baron de Blaireauville -- @Badger73

BURGUNDY

mad mike.jpg

Commander: Michel The Mad, Duke of Burgundy -- (@Mad Mike )

alpha zwo.jpg

Sergeant at Arms: Sir Alphonse The Second -- (@Alpha Zwo )

TOULOUSE

Rico2.jpg

Commander: Count Rico of Toulouse -- (@Rico )

mTk.jpg

Sergeant at Arms: Sir Terrence, Baron de Montara -- (@mTk )

olaf-jpg.22347

RESERVE: Sir Olaf of Oslo - (@olaf )

NOTE: When signing up, please indicate if you have a preference for faction you'd like to play for and which role.
(otherwise I will just randomly assign players)

Check out the CAMPAIGN RULES here:

@Mad Mike @Wellsonian @Nathangun @Bootie @mTk @Jolly Olly @Badger73 @Nelson1812 @Josey Wales @HOA_KSOP @kronenblatt @olaf

Last edited:
Please sign me up as a Duke for England. You all will feel the reach of the longbow., especially mTk. And that's not too loose talk either

It sounds fun but I've never played FOG. Is the medieval a stand alone game? I'm tempted...

I have just picked up the game and am tempted too to take part in the campaign. Just not sure if I understand the rules right, will probably need some help. Will the Commander tell the Sergeant at Arms what to do? If yes the role of Sergeant at Arms would fit me well.:)

I have just picked up the game and am tempted too to take part in the campaign. Just not sure if I understand the rules right, will probably need some help. Will the Commander tell the Sergeant at Arms what to do? If yes the role of Sergeant at Arms would fit me well.:)
The Sergeant At Arms is basically a second battlefield commander who can play the Field of Glory battles that the Commander can't handle (like when there are more than 1 in a campaign turn) or if the commander wishes to hand off battlefield command to his assistant -- if RL gets in the way for instance)

Knowing my capability the Commander probably does not want to hand anything to me :D. But count me in as Sergeant at Arms in a free slot. Thanks.

Ok -- what we have as sign ups so far:

ENGLAND
Commander:
Sergeant at Arms: @Nathangun @HOA_KSOP (not sure if one of them wants to be faction commander)

FRANCE
Commander:
Sergeant at Arms:

BURGUNDY
Commander: @Mad Mike
Sergeant at Arms:

TOULOUSE
Commander: @Rico
Sergeant at Arms: @mTk

@Alpha Zwo as Sergeant At Arms for either FRANCE or BURGUNDY

Seems to be little interest in players taking up Commander roles, especially FRANCE (I might move myself over to be CO there possibly toughest assignment as surrounded by envious enemies))

Just for clarification: BOTH Faction Commander and Sergeant At Arms can fight the FOG II battles, it's very unlikely there's be more than 2 per turn for a side to fight (unless three sides gang up on a fourth faction ;-)

Okay. Okay. Purchased the game tonight. Hope I'm not biting off too much. I'll fight for the glory of France!

I'd really rather not have to make decisions...lol....but if I have take a commanding role I'll do it in a pinch.

Vive la France!!!!!!!

Okay -- seems to be working out ok.

We can get started this evening (we can slot in one more player into the FRANCE faction if we get another sign up.

The roster so far: (please make a suggestion for your medieval aristocratic name below) -- @HOA_KSOP -- I got nothing...LOL

ENGLAND

nathan.jpg

Commander: Nathan, Duke of Normandy -- ( @Nathangun )

Sergeant at Arms: _______________? -- (@HOA_KSOP )

FRANCE

jolly olly.jpg

Commander: Olivier The Jolly, Duke de Bourbon -- (@Jolly Olly )

Sergeant at Arms:

BURGUNDY

mad mike.jpg

Commander: Michel The Mad, Duke of Burgundy -- (@Mad Mike )

alpha zwo.jpg
Sergeant at Arms: Sir Alphonse The Second -- (@Alpha Zwo )

TOULOUSE

Rico2.jpg

Commander: Count Rico of Toulouse -- (@Rico )

mTk.jpg
Sergeant at Arms: Sir Terrence, Baron de Montara -- (@mTk )

Last edited:
Back