Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Long Live The King: The First Battle Of Anjou

J

Jolly Olly

The fight on the French right is going slightly better for the French Knights than the English. One English mounted unit was wiped out this turn One or two others have suffered significant losses. Unfortunately, English reinforcements have arrived and are looking to turn the tide. French Crossbow and English Spearmen continue to fight hand-to-hand over the corpses of their fallen comrades. Meanwhile, in the Center the French Light Archers have finally been driven from the field of battle.
Turn 8-Birds Eye View.pngTurn 8-English reinforcet the their Left.pngTurn 8-French Light Archers Routed.pngTurn 8-English Spearmen & French Crossbow.png

I was kind of hoping for a tidy battle...ala Monty...that went out the window when my spearman started chasing light archers and left a gap in my line. I am going to part that unit commander from his head if I win this battle...

Wow, I get a preview before I see the replay. I think I better lay down for awhile...
Oh crap!!!! Apologies man! Did not mean to be posting spoilers! I can delay the posts by a turn! My bad.

True that! I don't think I was really posting anything that changes the outcome of the turn or anything....but I would hate having the "unknown" of watching a turn replay spoiled myself. I feel bad!
HOA can definitely handle it. It is interesting though, I never really know how the turn sequence goes in FOG II. I should figure that out.

True that! I don't think I was really posting anything that changes the outcome of the turn or anything....but I would hate having the "unknown" of watching a turn replay spoiled myself. I feel bad!
Jolly, we are all good my man. I really appreciate you documenting the battle. I was going for levity, trust me, I am not easily butt hurt. Keep doing your thing. I am sorry if I gave the impression you were ruining my experience. I applaud you making this a great experience,

The Battle Of The Mounted Knights is raging furiously, hard-fought on both sides. A number of English units have now been routed but others are mounting a fierce resistance and there are fresh units still in reserve. Sadly, many French Knights, intoxicated by the sight of the fleeing English nobility and with premature dreams of riches to come from the ransom of hostages, are are in foolish hot pursuit, likely leaving the French Right exposed. Bowmen on both sides are raining iron tipped death upon the troops massed along the front lines.
Turn 10-Bird's Eye View.pngTurn 10-Battle Of The Mounted Knights.pngTurn 10-Line of Battle.png

You can count me in for the next one.

You might like this one coming up... although it's in original Field of Glory for the moment.

Yes, the French are pushing aside my mounted troops. I made a tactical decision that caused two of my horse units to rout and this is the point where my horsemen may panic. The battle is won or lost the next two rounds. I may be forced to hedgehog and hope for the best.
Don't get me wrong, Sir Jolly is doing a great job of generalling his forces, I just did something that created an issue causing my troops to rout. Fact is, the left-flank is in great peril and I will be lucky if I can salvage my position.

This battle is over, my calvary has bolted. In desperation, Infantry is attacking to see if they can fight their way out. Pretty grim.

Last edited:
Écoutez! Une grande victoire est remportée! Le valeureux Roland de Montfaucon et ses gros chevaliers français ont chassé la vermine anglaise vile et sale des terres sacrées de l'Anjou. Vive la France!!!

End Game-Bird's Eye View.pngEnd Game-Rolan de Montfaucon.pngEnd Game-Pursuit.pngEnd Game-Spoils Of War.png
End Game-1st Battle Of Anjou.png

Hark! A great victory is won! The valorous Roland De Montfaucon and his stout French knights have driven the vile and filthy English vermin from the sacred lands of Anjou. Long live France!!!

The brave French knights have won the day! Despite a late assault by the English foot, the soldiers lost heart as their not-so-noble knights either fell or fled. The French continued to give chase through the Forest of Fontevrault until certain the English had no thought of continuing the fight. As the sounds of battle start to fade the French give thanks and begin scavenge the corpse-filled battlefield for spoils of war among the fallen. French knights who have not given chase see to laying claim to the wounded and captured English nobility. Roland De Montfaucon gazes with dirt, blood, and sweat-stained eyes....wondering where and when the next threat will come.....

Attachments

• End Game-Pursuit 2.png
    End Game-Pursuit 2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
Back