Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for a CMBN, CMFI, CMRT or CMFB battle

Jarl

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been away from this game for too long, but now im ready for some good H2H battles.

I've got CMBN, CMFI, CMRT and CMFB (all full updated).

Any kind of battle is fine, but i really like historical or semi-historical battles.

I have CMFI and Gustav line if you fancy a PBEM with one of those scenarios, QB or any other type? Quite a newbie myself but picking it up (mostly the hard way lol)

I am looking for a CMFB partner to play some matches against, I am new to h2h as well, only have played one match before

I'd be interested in a CMFI game if still available
Maybe later, i have to many battles going on right now, but as soon as im done with one or two of them, im good to go :)

I've been away from this game for too long, but now im ready for some good H2H battles.

I've got CMBN, CMFI, CMRT and CMFB (all full updated).

Any kind of battle is fine, but i really like historical or semi-historical battles.
Hello Jarl:

I'm in the same situation as you; returning after a time away and have all of the Combat Mission WWII games, updates and add-ons. Would be willing to play existing scenarios with you but not quick battles. I am okay playing any scenario, either side including being the underdog in imbalanced scenarios.

Cheers,

Kandu (Wim)

Hello Jarl:

I'm in the same situation as you; returning after a time away and have all of the Combat Mission WWII games, updates and add-ons. Would be willing to play existing scenarios with you but not quick battles. I am okay playing any scenario, either side including being the underdog in imbalanced scenarios.

Cheers,

Kandu (Wim)
Well, looks like we have the same feeling for this game then, i would love a historical scenario balanced or not. does not matter. I would like to play the German side, expect for that everything is good.
Can you set up a game ?

Well, looks like we have the same feeling for this game then, i would love a historical scenario balanced or not. does not matter. I would like to play the German side, expect for that everything is good.
Can you set up a game ?
Hello Jarl:

You playing the German side is fine by me. Do you have a preference for CMBN, CMFI, CMRT or CMFB? I am most familiar with playing CMBN solo and a dozen H2H, have played CMFI three times, CMFB solo once, and CMRT half a dozen times. Also, size preference? since this generally results in length of play.

Hello Jarl:

You playing the German side is fine by me. Do you have a preference for CMBN, CMFI, CMRT or CMFB? I am most familiar with playing CMBN solo and a dozen H2H, have played CMFI three times, CMFB solo once, and CMRT half a dozen times. Also, size preference? since this generally results in length of play.
Nope, i got them all, and i have games going on every one of them, so any is fine, i would like medium/large size.

Hello Jarl:
A little while back I created an historical scenario that is as accurate as the game allows for terrain and units present at the time. It is called "Shanley on Hill 30" It is a large game in terms of map size and units present. You and I would be the first to ever play it so it is effectively a play-test. It takes place at night in bocage terrain. IF you are interested I will drop-box you both the scenario for you to unpack and examine in the Editor (or you can download it from the FGM website). Please send me your email and I will set up a drop-box for us.
If the foregoing is not of interest I will find another scenario.

Cheers,

Kandu (Wim)

Looks great, shared i file, it saved as 032 ? will that be a problem. Or should i rename it 002 ?

Yes, the numbering is a silly result of my naming the scenario Shanley on Hill "30". The game thinks that the number is the scenario save number. Just let it continue to number the saves from 32 on. It's okay. I will be interrupting my deployment a few times and saving between so the numbers will increment even higher. Not a problem. When it's your turn, you can interrupt it if you need to by doing a save and picking it up again later.
Cheers,
Wim

Yes, the numbering is a silly result of my naming the scenario Shanley on Hill "30". The game thinks that the number is the scenario save number. Just let it continue to number the saves from 32 on. It's okay. I will be interrupting my deployment a few times and saving between so the numbers will increment even higher. Not a problem. When it's your turn, you can interrupt it if you need to by doing a save and picking it up again later.
Cheers,
Wim
No worries, Usually i take some time on setup, especially when it is so big and hellish terrain.
If i understand the special rule, all off-board artillery must be preset before game start. But on-board mortars/artillery i can use whenever i want ?

Nice map and setup by the way, its gonna be fun destroying your paratroopers :)

Hope i did it right- So it begins !

Two of my tanks exited the map in the first round, maybe because i had not set them to move and they where too close to the edge of the map ?
Or they just chickened out :)

Have not idea why that happened. I will look at the scenario design. Feel free to start over. I will let you know if I find an overlooked exit location.

Back