Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for a couple of matches in CMBN or CMFB, medium to large.

E

EngageWithZorp

Title says it. I'm open to a QM meeting engagement, attack or probe, whatever tickles your fancy.

That being said I just saw Overwatch's last ladder result, and I like Stafford's ruleset. I'd like to give it a try-

These are the ladder rules I play by: 'Typical' quality on the bulk (90%+) of your forces, some minor tweaking of stats can be done to use up your points, 10 vehicles per battalion of infantry (vehicles being tanks/half tracks/AA etc - unarmed vehicles such as jeeps and trucks do not count towards this). TRPs for the defender only. Preplanned artillery for attacker only. Neither for both players in the case of a meeting engagement. No artillery into setup zones. No limits on anything else.

If a potential opponent doesn't like the rules, that's ok, I'll still play them - but it won't be a ladder game.

There are a couple of reasons for this ruleset, I found out the same way you did that playing against unbreakable ubermensch isn't any fun.
Secondly, I view this game more as a simulator than a game per se, and if a simulation is to copy real life, no commander in the history of warfare ever had the luxury of unbreakable elite clone soldiers (Star Wars not withstanding).
Managing your troops morale and making the best use of a force consisting of veterans, regulars, and cannon fodder greens, is one of the great skills in this game and winning with a 'realistic' force feels far more rewarding than doing it with a custom built cherry picked force.
In the interests of equality, my opponent will do the same - so if he beats me, it will be through superior tactics and execution, from which I can learn and improve my own game. Losing to a force of +2/+2 elite fanatics teaches me nothing.
'Typical' quality also allows my opponents to play using elite forces if they so wish, ie any of the paratroops forces, Waffen SS. However while this force may be elite, it is not cookie cutter elite, there are still troops of varying quality to be managed.

Back