Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for CMFI opponent

chiquichops

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for a CMFI battle, any module, any types of game, could be ladder if you wish.

Hey. Yes, got a few actually but one is about over so we could go for it.
What do you fancy? Set it up if you like, I'll be good in a day or two.
Rick

If you prefer a scenario, ask me first in case I've already played it or I can choose one or set up a QB, whatever you like.
Happy holidays

If you prefer a scenario, ask me first in case I've already played it or I can choose one or set up a QB, whatever you like.
Happy holidays
@chiquichops: sure. Surrounded by family for a few days but will let you know later in the coming week. Happy holidays too.

Brengun

Happy holidays
Sorry for the pause at my end, @chiquichops. I've had a few technical issues to resolve but ready to go now with CMFI.

I've picked three medium sized scenarios, none of which I've played: the Brummbar; Devils to Isernia; and In For a Pound. Happy to try other medium sized scenarios, or smaller ones. I don't mind playing the attacker or defender, and have no preference for nationality. Let me know what you think's best. Cheers,

Brengun

Ps. Thanks for getting back to us, no problem about the delay.
Happy New Year
Thanks! Happy New Year too.

I've gone for the Axis side, and have created a shared folder and sub-folder in Dropbox. Good luck.

Brengun

Let's go for The Brummbar, I've done the others.
My dropbox is: richardbeevor@gmail.com
@chiquichops

Richard, I know we are still battling through the Brummbar scenario, but I want to thank you for giving me such a hell of a ride and maintaining the good turn around rate for game files.

I don’t think I’ll want to play the AI ever again. Playing an opponent who tries to block, parry and give you that uppercut punch makes it so immersive and challenging.

Thanks for being such a good sparring partner. Let’s crack on, and I hope when we finish this one, we get to play some more.

Brendan

Hi,
Thanks for that. What a surprising scenario, very deceptive. I found it tedious getting to the town, mines, bogging tanks... and, I really thought I had you with all my assets, it seemed a done deal. Then, the panthers rolled up and rinsed my shermans! I might have a trick or two left up my sleeve, ready to go to the bitter end.
I never ever play the AI, I just can't anymore.
What other CM do you have? I only have FI but I'm considering one of the others, WW2 though, I'm not attracted by the modern titles.
Rick

Ye
Hi,
Thanks for that. What a surprising scenario, very deceptive. I found it tedious getting to the town, mines, bogging tanks... and, I really thought I had you with all my assets, it seemed a done deal. Then, the panthers rolled up and rinsed my shermans! I might have a trick or two left up my sleeve, ready to go to the bitter end.
I never ever play the AI, I just can't anymore.
What other CM do you have? I only have FI but I'm considering one of the others, WW2 though, I'm not attracted by the modern titles.
Rick

Yes, there have many twists and turns. My defences in the town were crushed. As soon as I realised you had multiple Shermans trundling towards it, I ordered the infantry to withdraw into the centre to use the outer ring of buildings as a shield. Your smokescreens helped mask their withdrawal but in that one single turn your arty mixed in HE rounds and most of the infantry got shredded. The timing was perfect!

And the two 75mm AT guns didn’t get a chance to score a hit as your infantry MGs and your tanks suppressed and then picked them off.

Like you, I’m not currently interested in the more modern titles. As well as CMFI, I’ve got CMBN plus, and Red Thunder. I’ve not played Red Thunder yet but would like to soon.

Best of luck for the rest of this one.

Brendan

Last edited:
Back