FGM Lieutenant General
- Oct 11, 2010
The 105 mm Howitzer Motor Carriage M7 was an American self-propped artillery vehicle produced during WW2. It was given the official service name 105 mm Self Propelled Gun, Priest by the British Army, due to the pulpit-like machine gun ring, and following on from the Bishop and the contemporary Deacon.
Manufactured on the suspension of the M3 and M4 tanks from April 1942 through February 1945, with a total of 4,316 vehicles produced.
The M7 Priest first saw combat at El Alamein.
4.1 in (105 mm) M2A1 howitzer
Cal.50 (12.7 mm) M2 HMG
Weight 10.85 t
Speed Limit 38.6 km/h
Speed Limit Back 10 km/h
Crew: 4 (driver, commander, gunner, loader)