Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Match ups for Round 2

Ishfar

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
@JTimo well played. did a number on my dudes. i fucked up with my arty :p. didn't see that it takes 9 minutes to call in.

JTimo

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
@JTimo well played. did a number on my dudes. i fucked up with my arty :p. didn't see that it takes 9 minutes to call in.
It's generally an unwritten rule that you don't use arty on turn 1, but in a game like this (15 mins, and we start close with expected contact on turn 1) it would be likely that arty could be used right from the start. Also, you had TRPs so you should have had a spotter that could target within 50m of a TRP with reduced delivery time.

I didn't feel like I played badly, but the results say otherwise. My bmp 3's weren't the beasts I thought they'd be, and in retro, there was no reason for me to try to push into the town when I just needed to cover the exits. Of course the TRPs could have made that strategy just as bad. You used your RPG teams well, and in the hands of elite's they did really well.
Good game.

SlySniper

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
If I have provided arty on pregame per the rules it is allowed to be used on turn one. There is normally some type of warning in the briefing.

I will bring it on as reinforcements to prevent pre planned arty for any tournament matches that I see it as a problem.

Ishfar

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
It's generally an unwritten rule that you don't use arty on turn 1, but in a game like this (15 mins, and we start close with expected contact on turn 1) it would be likely that arty could be used right from the start. Also, you had TRPs so you should have had a spotter that could target within 50m of a TRP with reduced delivery time.

I didn't feel like I played badly, but the results say otherwise. My bmp 3's weren't the beasts I thought they'd be, and in retro, there was no reason for me to try to push into the town when I just needed to cover the exits. Of course the TRPs could have made that strategy just as bad. You used your RPG teams well, and in the hands of elite's they did really well.
Good game.
9 minutes was the reduced delivery time. I did call the arty on a trp as soon I realised my mistake