Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Match ups for Tournament round #1

SlySniper

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Ok, 8 games done and the other two coming along nicely. So it appears I can release match two this weekend.

So for those that have sent me the next round drop box folder - expect a game file tomorrow or Monday. For the Syrian player.

Now I will not release scores until everyone is done. But I can mention who has Qualified for points for round one.

For the US side we have:
Accidental Italian
clockwork
Fivefivesix

For the Syrian Side we have:
Sspoom
Olaf
MOS:96b2p

so these 6 for sure will score anywhere from 80 to 100 points depending how they sit to each other

The next battle will be nothing like this one, so have fun with a whole different challenge.

Oh, by the way . So far the Scenario has had 4 Us winners and 4 Syrian winners - That makes me the Designer very happy

JTimo

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Game with @holoween just finished. My Syrians got a minor vic. Not sure how, as I lost a BMP, a truck, and a jeep. and the rest of my forces kept running away, but I'll take it.

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Game with @holoween just finished. My Syrians got a minor vic. Not sure how, as I lost a BMP, a truck, and a jeep. and the rest of my forces kept running away, but I'll take it.
That's not bad I guess. As I think all games have been played now and others mentioned Humvees etc, I'll post freely:

I lost all technicals, 3 BMP and the BRDM, but fought through till the objective to reach a draw. One humvee KO, one had it's .50 and 2crew taken out. Enemy infantry badly mauled.

My plan was decent enough I'd say, execution less so. @Gunsalot kept to his ambush plans under area fire and unhid MK-19 and sniper after I had assumed he wasn't defending the approaches, to deadly effect. The area fire I lacked to keep up, was actually on target. Lols.
I also fought myself, with after 3 minutes still no contact I decided to change plan and push forward through the road instead of my original plan. Also threw away some units on a rambo mission (only AA technical and breach team, but still stupid). A nice BBQ with plenty consumption of the rather good wines I bought probably didn't help in that decision making proces :).

It wasn't all bad, but in the first turn of contact I took heavy losses. Mostly from sniper, .50 humvee and MK19s deployed on a balcony of high rise. Did force the .50 humvee to backout with a couple of 30mm through the MG shield, killing 2 crew. After that my remaining BMP-2s supported by what was left of my infantry fought itself onto the objective, hammering everything they could. Managed to take the objective, but at quite heavy losses.
Could have gone worse, could have gone better. Good play by Gunsalot on his first battle as Blue in CMSF!

Some of my troops seemed to have the inclination to desert after taking a casualty or being not that far away from exploding things, by ways of rushing forward into the marines (not even fully pinned or rattled). First time I witnessed this precies behavior, others mentioned it before; still I don't think it really effected the battle. It wouldn't have brought back any of my vehicle losses, that's for sure. And they did some recon by death, providing BMP with targets. So, everything has it's merits :)
It was fun to be on the attacking side with Syrians for a change, no less recon troops. Gave me some new idea's. First time to have ever used the BMP-2 offensive smokes the way they are designed to be used, as far as I can remember!

Thanks @SlySniper!

Looking forward to the next challenge.

Gunsalot

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
This was a blast!

Loved the use of smoke to cover @Lethaface´s attack. I judged the topfloors to be to nice of a position to abandon and instead had my men turning to face my side of the map or the floor below, in case of area fire. I did try to steer his attack into killzones after he entered the town proper by blowing up walls facing my side of the map and then rushing my engineers over the street to cover their rubble. I did not see much effect from that tactic but it might have been more of a mindstir (how bad of language is allowed here?) to Lethaface. At the end of the day I think only my engineers came out of this unscathed. I tried to get the .50 back in action but failed to realise the gun was bent or broken. Besides, the bmps ganged up on my other hummvee on the other side of the map.

Fun, brutal, action packed and with awesome and daring moves on both parts I´d say.

SlySniper

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
I have the final score for all battles from round one. I have the calculated score for the 5 top players for each side and will try and get it posted tomorrow for all of you.

Those who played the marines had the hard side. but four out of 10 did manages to post a positive score.

For those playing the Syrians, one or two mistakes could take your advantage away and turn your unit into a burning heap of wreckage.

It seem many of you enjoyed it, Hope I can continue to deliver some interesting challenges that brings some fun into the way the game can be used.

Denis the Menace

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Website
fr-fr.facebook.com
@JTimo
Not sure about you, but I misunderstood the parameters / objective until I played the scenario and reread the briefing. If I would of read more careful I would have played it differently. Short and fun. I like these. Thanks, Sniper.

Just finished my game with @MeatEtr !!

It looks like I aslo totally misunderstood the parameters /objective as well !! I reread the briefing and indeed the task was to preserve the Marines forces (primary objective right ?) and inflict as much losses as possible while keeping the Syrians away from the secondary objective. I focused too much on that secondary objective (only 25 points !) and greatly underestimated the size of the Syrian forces. I thought my "ambush" plan was flexible enough to deal with different ennemy approaches but for whatever reason the Humvees did not fire any single round when Syrian armor popped up. Total disaster for the Marines !! Well played @MeatEtr !!

Open thoughts with you guys : what was actually the best plan for the Marines ? To hide somewhere in a corner and wait for the Syrians to come if they ever find you ? The Marines buy time but is it funny to play ? To dismount the Humvees and add more firepower to the foot soldiers ? However how can a platoon of lightly armed US Marines sustain a fight against twice more Syrians and 5 x BMP-2 ??? I have no clue....

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Just finished my game with @MeatEtr !!

It looks like I aslo totally misunderstood the parameters /objective as well !! I reread the briefing and indeed the task was to preserve the Marines forces (primary objective right ?) and inflict as much losses as possible while keeping the Syrians away from the secondary objective. I focused too much on that secondary objective (only 25 points !) and greatly underestimated the size of the Syrian forces. I thought my "ambush" plan was flexible enough to deal with different ennemy approaches but for whatever reason the Humvees did not fire any single round when Syrian armor popped up. Total disaster for the Marines !! Well played @MeatEtr !!

Open thoughts with you guys : what was actually the best plan for the Marines ? To hide somewhere in a corner and wait for the Syrians to come if they ever find you ? The Marines buy time but is it funny to play ? To dismount the Humvees and add more firepower to the foot soldiers ? However how can a platoon of lightly armed US Marines sustain a fight against twice more Syrians and 5 x BMP-2 ??? I have no clue....

In the AAR section there have been strategies and tactics posted. There were also US victories :).
For your enjoyment, you have now been awarded the command of Syrian forces in the next battle, the file is sitting pretty waiting for you :D

No rush though, just teasing.