Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Round 2 is another interesting mission! I'm not planning to drop out, although playing 2 same games at the same time doesn't have my preference. Me and @Denis the Menace will probably be finished mid/end next week, ~13 turns remaining.

Raging Al

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
alandlipscombe@me.com
Yeah, last three minutes for us. Tough battle against a skilful opponent, but another fun scenario. Safe to say @Accidental Italian has handed me my arse on a plate .

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
3 battles completed now. All other battles are progressing nicely.

I do have one fellow that has informed me he will be dropping out of the tournament after this round.

So I will put it out there, if anyone else feels like dropping out, it would be a good time to lose one more player so that the numbers are even once more.

I can look for someone to fill in as another option. - my last option will be to have someone play two matches instead of one (they will have only one of the matches predetermined to count as their score and they must play that match at the same or faster pace as the other match.)

Round three will be 20 turns and I call it "Dutch Rat Patrol" That is the only hint you get.

I have planned in my head that this tournament would be 5 rounds - but had not set it in stone, figure I get feed back from you all and see how smooth it would run or how long it would take. Since the matches are going generally fast, time is not a issue.

I will also let you know Round 4 will see the British in all of their glory - for those of you waiting to play them. ( I do have one player I know of that does not have the Brits in his ownership) so that round will be a issue for him - but again, if needed we can find someone to take his place for that round if needed.
Some feedback: I wouldn't mind the tourney to last longer than 5 rounds, as it's great fun. I think that feedback is difficult because we can't spoil anything while the battles are still ongoing. In my current battle I faced some of the most difficult tactical decision situations in a PBEM that I can remember. So far I'm not unhappy with my troops performance, but we still have 10 minutes left and imo everything is still on the table.

SlySniper

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Well, instead of one prolonged tournament with many rounds, once we get someone breaking out into the lead,

I think rapping it up is good.

But I can see rolling into another one with the same format if I get continued interest. But I would like to go to CMBS , but all this would be down the road. and lets get input from players

Raging Al

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
alandlipscombe@me.com
Really enjoying this format @SlySniper. Love the short time limits and tactical challenges, and would be happy to play everyone once or twice (like a home/defending and away/attacking fixture type format). Personally, I’m not worried about losing games and someone breaking out into a big lead. Just enjoying the challenge of a different scenario each time that hasn’t been played before.

Denis the Menace

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
drouin.denis@bbox.fr
Some feedback: I wouldn't mind the tourney to last longer than 5 rounds, as it's great fun. I think that feedback is difficult because we can't spoil anything while the battles are still ongoing. In my current battle I faced some of the most difficult tactical decision situations in a PBEM that I can remember. So far I'm not unhappy with my troops performance, but we still have 10 minutes left and imo everything is still on the table.
No worries Maarten, you shall win this one !
It is again a nightmare for me. Either my troop do not see anything and get shot down, or they see something and do not shoot (got some funny screenshots to share later on), or they shoot and do not hit anything. Maybe it's me I dunno ? I have clear LOS btw so I do not understand what's happening.... I am getting concern about my skills and ability to remain a decent opponent really.....

SlySniper

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
I am getting concern about my skills and ability to remain a decent opponent really.....
This is where I give a evil laugh. :LOL: The puppet master tormenting his victims.:devilish:

Our after action section for this battle will be interesting. - In the fact that I will make a point that I did not see one German player evaluate the terrain correctly and approach it in the best manor as to good sound Tactics. So don't feel like you are alone in this battle wondering what they might have done incorrectly.

Anytime I hear someone complain that dessert tactics is not interesting, I know that person really does not know what he is doing, for it has as many challenges as any other Terrain.

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
No worries Maarten, you shall win this one !
It is again a nightmare for me. Either my troop do not see anything and get shot down, or they see something and do not shoot (got some funny screenshots to share later on), or they shoot and do not hit anything. Maybe it's me I dunno ? I have clear LOS btw so I do not understand what's happening.... I am getting concern about my skills and ability to remain a decent opponent really.....
I think you had (or have?) some good positions! Spotting and LOF was also an issue for my troops so I don't think it is you. From my pov I just couldn't see or put fire on that position where your infantry ambushed my scout team, at least very difficult.

This is where I give a evil laugh. :LOL: The puppet master tormenting his victims.:devilish:

Our after action section for this battle will be interesting. - In the fact that I will make a point that I did not see one German player evaluate the terrain correctly and approach it in the best manor as to good sound Tactics. So don't feel like you are alone in this battle wondering what they might have done incorrectly.

Anytime I hear someone complain that dessert tactics is not interesting, I know that person really does not know what he is doing, for it has as many challenges as any other Terrain.
Sure will be interesting! I did do some terrain analysis in paint, will share when we're all ready. So far it seemed quite accurate with regards to the battle against Denis, although whether I would make the same decisions in hindsight is another question ;-).

Like the real desert, this map features a lot of undulations which provide plenty of challenges imo!

Raging Al

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
alandlipscombe@me.com
Finally got around to watching my last turn. Well and truly beaten by @Accidental Italian. Really well played, mate. Great defensive positions. Looking forward to the AAR discussions as to how the Germans win this one against a well sited defender. And looking forward to the next round as well.

Accidental Italian

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
liambran99@gmail.com
Had me filling me pants at the end with that charge of the Marders mate, thought you were gonna have me!

Accidental Italian

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
liambran99@gmail.com
Genuinely a good scrap though mate, think you had a tough position to try and take even without a defender

Those double hills were gonna be a bugger either way

Raging Al

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
alandlipscombe@me.com
Had me filling me pants at the end with that charge of the Marders mate, thought you were gonna have me!
Haha, that charge of the Marders was a bit gamey on my behalf, tbh. I should have just consolidated what little gains i'd made, as i was completely blind to what assets you had left. At least i cleared you off one of those slopes (except I noticed you still had one man still hiding out on it at the end, doh!). A really tough test, but good fun.

Accidental Italian

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
liambran99@gmail.com
Yeah that last bloke was shell shocked to hell and unsure of where he was, but by god was he going to hold that objective....until a marder would roll up and swiss cheese him

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Me and @Denis the Menace are basically finished, I've just send my last turn (1:00 left). Let's see what the last minute brings us, the last couple of minutes saw plenty of action :whistleo:.