SlySniper

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
a question was brought up for round three.

Can troops be dismounted before the start of the battle. the answer is Yes, you can dismount troops from the trucks before the start of the battle

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
@Denis the Menace and I have kicked off already. Two turns down and it’s carnage :2charge: :shootero: :shockaroona:. What a blast!(y)

Well, your battle is the most entertaining one so far.

It looks like something in a movie as to how a few things have played out. (Someone watched too much John Wayne growing up.)

Raging Al

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
alandlipscombe@me.com
Game over for @Denis the Menace and myself. Quite appropriately, for two players that haven’t won a battle yet, this one ended in a draw. Honours shared :cheerso:. Good game, @Denis the Menace(y):cool:

Burnt out Dutch and Syrian vehicles litter the landscape at game end, together with a number of corpses of both nationalities. That was fast, furious and great fun to play. Thanks @SlySniper

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Yes, I would not really count this one as a true test of anyone tactical skills, but their is a few critical decisions to be made as to how it plays out.

It was more of, how well would this force do in said situation, even if not a likely situation.

There was a old, old TV show called Rat Patrol - They had two jeeps and were always gunning down German units in North Africa, I always thought of how unreal it was as to what happened in the show.

Lets just call this Scenario, my version of playing out a scene in them shows. I thought it was pretty fun to play also.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Oh, I did set up a typical scene from the show. A convoy of 2 Marder II's, 2 spw 250's and three trucks with a squad of infantry.

I have the allies run over the sand dunes and ambush them with a total of 2 jeeps w/ 50 cal's, only two men in each jeep.

I I killed 26 men, captured ,one
destroyed 5 units with 1 remaining Marder, functional but empty (crew dead) and one immobilized truck.

Wow, I did better than the movie.

Raging Al

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
alandlipscombe@me.com
How are the other match-ups progressing?

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Those who have completed the scenario can clear your drop box folders..

We have 3 completed matches.

Another One very close to being done.

4 more at least 1/2 way.

And only one not to the half way point but still moving along nicely.

I will just thank all of you for doing a great job of moving this Tournament along at a great pace.

It appears I better do my finishing touches on round 4 so that its ready to go.

Round 4 will be much more challenging on the thinking and decision end of things.

Also have in my head what the 5th and final round concept is, but have not tried to create it just yet.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Oh, by the way. Not everyone played this battle Mad Max style. But those that did , likely had the most fun, or not.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
just a reminder to a few of you. I do require you keep all game turn files in the dropbox folder until the end of the match and I have reviewed them.

Some that have the auto delete feature on have figured out that they can create a folder and put the files in there to keep a set for me. This is fine.

Just contact me if there is a reason this is not possible.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Time for a update:
Ok, the fifth battle has been completed. so a very close draw with 2 points separating them. So I expect they will both be on the bubble as to getting points for this battle since this battle scoring seems to be the most even so far in those that have been played, so it could split 4 to 5 as to which side has the most points.

So with 4 battles left, I think we might see three of them finish this next week.

So for now, I plan on releasing battle #4 next week-end at some point if they come in this week.

Also, I started preparing the final battle as for the tournament. Created the map, selected forces and sat down and did a first play test.

I am proud to say, it will again be very different than the other four.
It is a battle in mountain terrain with infantry formations and now different small arms become all powerful rulers of the battlefield.
Movement and positioning and being able to call in fire from mortars will be all important.
A nice tribute on how to end this Tournament.