Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Match ups - Round 5 (Final rd)

SlySniper

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
I’ll second that. The scenarios are quick, punchy and fun.

Well, that is really the focus of my efforts more than anything else.

Looking forward to the CW tournament :)

I could see that for sure as my next Field Warriors Tournament, input from all the participants is invited.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Ok, we are at 8 battles completed, 5 others are over half way, some close to finishing.
2 battles that are not half way and you need to get into gear. I have not worried about it. but I might just ignore you in the score tally for the final round if you don't pick up the pace.

I will give you top players for both sides even if it does not mean anything for sure yet.
best Russian scores , best listed first working down.

Hilts, Gnarly, Meatetr, greyfox (So you all might be surprised since the Russians have a impossible task in this one) but you might be walking away as winners in what matters.

For the US Side Raging AI and DoubleD are tied for the best score so far and Olaf is next.

Last edited:

greyfox

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Gladi, Fivefivesix, Meatetr, Greyfox (So you all might be surprised since the Russians have a impossible task in this one) but you might be walking away as winners in what matters.

That's a great big WTF from me; wild.

Ishfar

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
I think the 'well played' is more applicable to you, given the result ;-)
Hey we all have shit matches. Last round was pretty atrocious for me. Although I would be interested in watching what the Russians who won did. Given the force composition I saw on both sides and the terrain the Russian task was almost herculean

Lethaface

FGM MEMBER
Hey we all have shit matches. Last round was pretty atrocious for me. Although I would be interested in watching what the Russians who won did. Given the force composition I saw on both sides and the terrain the Russian task was almost herculean

Yeah although wasn't much that I could do imo. Anyway, indeed it's just a game :)

In the last battle Olaf did quite well with his ATGMs imo. He positioned a Khriz & AT-14 on the road and one the crests. I provided some smoke for him :)
Basically the ATGMs are what caused my casualties and he got points for the match, so he did relatively well. I think he showed some screens on the AAR page of his ATGM setup, I also posted a AAR from which you can deduct what he did.

One factor is also luck. In my first game I was rather lucky with a T-90AM surviving several 125mm, which than proceeded to roll up the enemy tanks single handedly. In my game against Olaf, one of my MGS barely missed a Khriz with a 105mm APFSDS. The round went literally underneath it, so between the hull and the ground. That was less lucky. Anyway such things can influence the outcome of a match significantly, not saying it did in that match but it might have.

Ishfar

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Yeah a lot of it comes down to luck also. My khrizanthemas were near to useless last round. They barely spotted anything despite having a direct feed to drones circling above the enemy

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
well, once again, yes, you were beat on badly in game terms as the Russian.
but Leatherface you are presently the 3rd best Russian score.

New top four Russian scores are now

Hilts, Gnarly, Leatherface, Meatetr

Lethaface

FGM MEMBER
well, once again, yes, you were beat on badly in game terms as the Russian.
but Leatherface you are presently the 3rd best Russian score.

New top four Russian scores are now

Hilts, Gnarly, Leatherface, Meatetr
So I have, so far, relatively well allowed the slaughter of my men? That is good to know :ROFLMAO:

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Update. 12 battles are now done.
Here is the present winners from best to worst that will score for playing their side well (even if it did not feel like it.)

Russians: Hilts, Gnarly, Sgt Joch, Leatherface, Meatetr

US: Raging AI and DoubleD are tied for the best score, then Explorer then Olaf is next.

THE OTHER TWO MATCHES COMPLETED ARE ON THE BUBBLE STILL, but PVT JOE & MADRAK THE RED have the advantage presently.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
So if you have not figured it out - Olaf will be the champion of the Tournament.
He also won all 5 matches and will go from the rank of Sgt to Lt Col. thats a major promotion.

All of you that will win four battles can be really proud also and will be recognized.

And you that win 3 matches can also feel good about yourselves.

And the rest of you can get more serious in your studies of tactics to prepare yourselves to do better next time.

Which brings up my next efforts. It will be The same format, This time field Warrior Tournament will go CMCW, I will likely start it up at the end of Summer or some where in there.