Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Matrix tournament … Indian Spring Tournament...

Nelson1812

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score

Specific tournament rules:

• This tournament will involve three rounds. The battles will be medium-sized custom battles.
  • Round 1: 327 BC. Macedonian invasion of India. Indian (500 BC-310 AD) vs Macedonian (328-321 BC). Tropical.
  • Round 2: 140 BC. Kingdom of Menander. Indian (500 BC-310 AD) vs Indo-Greek (175 BC-10 AD). Tropical.
  • Round 3: 500 AD. Sassanids in India. Indian (320-545 AD) vs Sassanid Persian (477-590 AD). Tropical.
  • Games are paired, so each matchup will be played both ways. Each player will be able to choose his forces using the normal force selection system. In each round, all players will be playing on the same randomly generated map for both games.
  • First round pairings will be selected randomly, subsequent rounds using the Swiss Chess system. Nobody will play the same opponent in more than one round.
@Badger73

Last edited:

Specific tournament rules:

• This tournament will involve three rounds. The battles will be medium-sized custom battles.
  • Round 1: 327 BC. Macedonian invasion of India. Indian (500 BC-310 AD) vs Macedonian (328-321 BC). Tropical.
  • Round 2: 140 BC. Kingdom of Menander. Indian (500 BC-310 AD) vs Indo-Greek (175 BC-10 AD). Tropical.
  • Round 3: 500 AD. Sassanids in India. Indian (320-545 AD) vs Sassanid Persian (477-590 AD). Tropical.
  • Games are paired, so each matchup will be played both ways. Each player will be able to choose his forces using the normal force selection system. In each round, all players will be playing on the same randomly generated map for both games.
  • First round pairings will be selected randomly, subsequent rounds using the Swiss Chess system. Nobody will play the same opponent in more than one round.

Joined!

The army lists for this tournament look very nice and balanced, unlike last tourney. Ironically, my "pot luck" battle with Jolly covered this period as well. Any takers for a practice mirror make of round one? I'll set it up.

calvin-and-hobbes-36dde5a8bd595e00c80689402834d6d363b8b15a-s800-c85.jpg

I'm up for it! :shootero:

I lost one bad.....it was really frustrating because if I could have had one "Held Fast" result I would've gotten one more turn, and I was about to cave in his entire right flank. Instead, I got a cascade of breaks. What makes it worse is that I'm beating him badly in the other one, but he has gotten about 5-8 Held Fast results in a row that he shouldn't have, and that enabled him to get an elephant attacking the rear. Just a bummer. We will see if I can hold on.

I lost one bad.....it was really frustrating because if I could have had one "Held Fast" result I would've gotten one more turn, and I was about to cave in his entire right flank. Instead, I got a cascade of breaks. What makes it worse is that I'm beating him badly in the other one, but he has gotten about 5-8 Held Fast results in a row that he shouldn't have, and that enabled him to get an elephant attacking the rear. Just a bummer. We will see if I can hold on.

@Wellsonian - Bummer when the dice are that unkind.

This is my opponent's first H2H pbem. My Macedonians lead against his Indians. It's still out of range manuevering of my Indians against his Macedonians. Still early phase of both games.

@Nelson1812 - I'm ready for a 2nd round mirror match now whenever convenient for you.

Back