Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Matrix tournament … Indian Spring Tournament...

@Nelson1812 - Thanks, Archie!

It seems that my reward for Round 1 extreme good fortune is to face a Round 2 top tier opponent! :eek:
Be that as it may, I've picked my Indian army and am waiting for my opponent to start things on his end. :shootero:

@Wellsonian - Did your Round 1 opponent time-out and minimize your total points to protect his own score? :censored:

Good luck to all of us. :2charge:

@Nelson1812 - Thanks, Archie!

It seems that my reward for Round 1 extreme good fortune is to face a Round 2 top tier opponent! :eek:
Be that as it may, I've picked my Indian army and am waiting for my opponent to start things on his end. :shootero:

@Wellsonian - Did your Round 1 opponent time-out and minimize your total points to protect his own score? :censored:

Good luck to all of us. :2charge:

I lost one bad, and he timed out the second game, but I had a +7 lead, so I'm not sure how it works. Won my first game of the second round handily, and am going to just about tie the second.

Reactions: mTk
2nd Round... currently getting hammered in both games... HIs Indian army fighting like Viking Berserkers... my Indian army appears to have the really fluid runs, and is melting before his advance.
I must have been playing your oppo's kid brother when they were using the same computer. My round is finished with me thoroughly chastised. :eek:

So, I've completed all three rounds of the Indian Summer tournament already. I was fortunate enough to enjoy a good return rate from my opponents.
As @Nelson1812 said during the Horse Lords tournament, it's hard to do well against these guys. The top tier players are all very good. My Horse Lords goal was to break 200 points. In fact I scored over 250 so felt satisfied with an interesting baptism in the Slitherine tournaments. In this tournament, I broke 300 points which deludes me with the belief that I am improving. At this point, I would rate myself a middle tier player. I always lose in the top tier but can mostly win in the bottom tier. In Round 3, I split the difference with my opponent. We each won one but lost another. I think that's a fair outcome. Playing FOGII with you guys has been wonderful fun.

So, I've completed all three rounds of the Indian Summer tournament already. I was fortunate enough to enjoy a good return rate from my opponents.
As @Nelson1812 said during the Horse Lords tournament, it's hard to do well against these guys. The top tier players are all very good. My Horse Lords goal was to break 200 points. In fact I scored over 250 so felt satisfied with an interesting baptism in the Slitherine tournaments. In this tournament, I broke 300 points which deludes me with the belief that I am improving. At this point, I would rate myself a middle tier player. I always lose in the top tier but can mostly win in the bottom tier. In Round 3, I split the difference with my opponent. We each won one but lost another. I think that's a fair outcome. Playing FOGII with you guys has been wonderful fun.

I agree, this has been "wonderful fun." I don't know if it takes a certain appreciation of ancient history, but this game really feels like a table top experience. Takes me way back to my youth.

Back